ek9 vs ep3

munchmcg

alrite lads jus wondering what the performance differences are between ek9's and uk ep3's??? is there much of a difference with them?

standard and factory outputs are

ep3 197bhp around 140-150 ft lb torque from 2.0l k20a about 1200kg

ek9 185bhp around 120ft lb torque from 1.6l b16b 1070kg lsd as standard

this has been done to death.

ep3 is faster in the real world

689R - nah i wouldnt of thought so! owning both, you can feel the difference in torque with ep3 having more of it, so i first thought ****! ive gone to a slower car :( but then shortly after i raced stock on stock with an ep3 and unless he couldnt drive i was pulling from him in every gear :S

just my two pence from experience.

Lol ANOTHER thread of the same kind! Lets all start a big argument over it all over again haha

The EK9 has better acceleration 100%. The EP3 will be faster from bout 100 onwards 100%. The EK9 handles soo much better - 100%

They are all proven facts.

Thats it, all you need to know :)

My My friends EP3 never catches me, Once we get to 125-130 it's dead heat, but by that time I'm already 8-9 car lengths ahead so can't really judge but he says he doesn't gain on me.

EK9 every time if you ask me. Fine the K has more torque but it also weighs a lot more and has a bigger body.

In my experience with when my ek9 was stock I had an edge all the way to at least 120mph. Didn't go faster then that to see.

Stock vs stock

JDM EP3 works out to 176hp per tonne (going on 212hp & 1204kg weight)
EP3 works out to 164hp per tonne (going on UK 197hp & 1204kg weight)
EK9 works out to 167hp per tonne (going on 182hp & 1090kg weight)

So this alone tells you the ek9 should have the edge but when you look at the torque figures you can see why the UK EP3 might come out on top at higher speeds.

JDM EP3 should be faster than both.

**these are average and possibly innacurate wieghts which are posted about the internet - i know the EK9 had a lighter model but im pretty sure the RX was 1090kg. The JDM EP3 i couldnt get an accurate weight but the UK EP3 is definately 1204kg.

Last edited:
Driven an ep3 and I think they're soft compared to the ek9.
There was a jdm ep3 against an ek9 not sure what exact model ie rx or race base on beat motoring international. The ep3 won by a decent distance on track.

Fair enough the ep3 uk or import will be quicker than the ek9 but personally I never find myself driving over 120mph anyway

There's only one way to find out; measure g-forces on the straight to see which accelerates faster. I have a G-Tech to measure this. Who wants to come to Holland :D

Back