My EK9 turbo with TDI.

Scottek

Hi all. Thought I start a thread now that my first item has come

I'll update as parts arrive and then when the work starts. All fabricating, fitting and
Tuning is being carried out by TDI-North.

Here's my car for those who haven't seen it;
57fddd3c.jpg

The mani turned up yesterday from America it's a cast mani. Not 100% pleased with the finish but I've never seen a cast manifold before so
It could be normal.

Here's some pics:
3d655528.jpg

1da297da.jpg

Also waiting on tial wastegate to arrive and in the process of ordering the turbo from PTE.

Scott.

The cast manifold is the "best" option for a turbo setup, since the shiny and "show" ready ones will crank in less than a month. The only turbo cast manifold that I liked how it looked was the HKS one.

Whats your WHP goal? :nerv:

Yeah TDI gave me 2 options when it came to the manifold. One of their own fabricated SS manifolds which they said they have not had problems with cracking due to the way they are made. But this came with a hefty price of £600 and was only worth it If i was looking for alot of power. So I got this cast one. It's really heavy which I was suprised by but I suppose it would be.

Unsure on whp but probably around 280-300 at the fly would be lovely :)

Scott.

Haha I'm hoping to have it finished by jan/mid feb. Ready to hit the drag strips and trackdays in march. Will get lots of vids then aslong as I dont break it.

Nothing big just the walbro fuel pump arrived today. One step closer :)

caadb1d5.jpg

This came about 15 mins ago..

13c8579d.jpg

T3 turbo from PTE.

Slowly getting there :)

It's what i was recommended. Might just look big cos of my girlfriends stumpy arms/hands.

Turbo should easy see 300 bhp lol! Looks nice build, be prepared for ypu sphincter to swallow the seat foam when you hit the loud pedal the first few times! Ive 340bhp at the fly in mine and its blisteringly lively :)

Cheers guys

Just debating wether or not to get a BoV. Probably will but some people are saying there's no need for one. Think I'd rather have less wear on my turbo.

Going to add a AEM fuel rail + pressure reg to my parts list so that's more stuff to buy. But theyre not too dear and that will be everything so hopefully this won't hold up my planned time to get it all fitted and tuned.

A/r is .63.

And yeh I will be. Fastest car I've been in is a 260 bhp starlet which scares me a little.

Last edited:
Will be running the engine standard at very low boos to start with. It's a very high mileage engine but TDI have said it will be fine at around 7psi.

Later on I would like to build up a forged b16a or b18 to swap in when the car becomes a track car as all the parts I've got will go on.

Back