will racleand coilovers fit an ej9

yeh man i got some, some people will say save up for more better suspension but imo for 160 and 2 year guarantee, its a good piece of kit.

handles well. and a good ride.

cheers lad will be on a short budget so will only be able to afford them for a while, do they go very low?

Ep2 raceland coilovers have had great feedback. If your on a budget I would go for them! Don't expect them to handle a trackday but 2 years guarantee and normal use, they will last a long time!

Kris888

Shocking bad coilovers, i had them on a ek vti once and had to get rid of them after a month.

3 of mates have had them on there ej9s and one on his Eg6..they go mega low and were awesome on the Eg..all 3 of my mates with ek's found the front go a lot lower than they do on the back,handling wise..I've no idea as I've never drove any of the cars with them fitted!

Shocking bad coilovers, i had them on a ek vti once and had to get rid of them after a month.

True story

Mate had them on his Jordan, said they were absolutely shocking, even D2's were an improvement

I had diayma's (think thats how you spell it) after them and they were 1000 times better.

My advice would be save your money for a good street set up like the mister R's or a shock and spring combo.

Don't buy coilovers because they are cheap.

Derek

Christ if D2 can't even get damping right on £600+ coilovers, I can only imagine how comically bad these must be...

for £160 what do you expect. imo they are good value for money especially since they come with a 2 year warranty. if your looking to slam the car on its arse then even with 'decent' coilovers the ride quality will still be ****.

I would disagree

the majority of "decent" coilovers have separate height adjustment thus not affecting the spring preload, so no matter how much you lower the car the travel of the suspension will remain the same so in terms of ride quality there will be VERY minimal difference if any at all.

it's all down to the dampers, a spring is a spring, springs will behave in the exact same way regardless of what coilovers (disregard progressive springs, generally found on fixed shocks and also tender springs which are found on some race suspension (not to be confused with helper springs)), it all comes down to how well the damper controls the movement of the suspension

it's all down to the dampers, a spring is a spring, springs will behave in the exact same way regardless of what coilovers (disregard progressive springs, generally found on fixed shocks and also tender springs which are found on some race suspension (not to be confused with helper springs)), it all comes down to how well the damper controls the movement of the suspension

Dunno Steven, you say springs are springs but the really cheap stuff can vary spring to spring, you could have a different spring rate on each corner due to shite quality control during manufacturing and then there's the quality of the metals themselves which can lead to sagging and/or cracking.

Firas, have you managed to make a successful warranty claim on these coilovers?

Terrible, i bought them and hated them instantly, tossed them and got new ones in under a month

I would disagree

the majority of "decent" coilovers have separate height adjustment thus not affecting the spring preload, so no matter how much you lower the car the travel of the suspension will remain the same so in terms of ride quality there will be VERY minimal difference if any at all.

depends what you mean by "decent" steven. Tein superstreets dont have separate height adjustment and alot of people would classify them as decent. If i remember correctly you had a set yourself a few years ago.

Last edited:
Dunno Steven, you say springs are springs but the really cheap stuff can vary spring to spring, you could have a different spring rate on each corner due to shite quality control during manufacturing and then there's the quality of the metals themselves which can lead to sagging and/or cracking.

Firas, have you managed to make a successful warranty claim on these coilovers?

havent tried kozy as i dont have a set and will never own a set. I dont rate them at all tbh but for £160 you should not moan imo. you get what you pay for in the end.

Tein superstreets are crap too IMO. Like driving about with sponge as suspension.

Christ if D2 can't even get damping right on £600+ coilovers, I can only imagine how comically bad these must be...

lol, experience some ebay special coilovers in a lads civic a while ago and they were bloody awful, can only imagine what these are like. but for £160 i wouldn't expect alot anyway.

Back