ek4 build up

lumek4

ok people my car is a 2000 ek4 vti. its clover green. i found it in the auto trader. it was owned by an older man he only used it for going to work so it was never thrashed till i got my hands on it ha ha

the car was well looked after and in very good condiction

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

now iv not done very much to the car but here is the start of it
DSC00189.jpg

first things first is to get the breathing sorted out so i bought a japspeed 4-1 header witch i am going to change for a 5zigen 4-2-1 because botton end power with the 4-1 is really bad the std manifold would prob be better. also i added a API short ram induction kit
DSC00209.jpg

the std wheels on the ek4 i think are a nice wheel just dont look that good in silver so it was time for some diy. i took the wheels of rubbed them down wth thinners to get them ready for my dad painting as he is a painter and i get them done for nothing lol
DSC00351.jpg

i got them painted gloss black this is the best pic i have of them
DSC00532.jpg

now the cam cover. on the ek4 they are black and very dull to look at so thought i would add some life and change the colour to arden blue. and the strut brace we bits n bobs
DSC00574.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

04102007209.jpg

04102007210.jpg

DSC01136.jpg

DSC01135.jpg

it was time to do some we mods to the outside of the car such as an ek9 spoiler and gril
DSC00719.jpg

DSC01158.jpg

DSC01157.jpg

DSC01138.jpg

still not got any pics of these parts on the car yet will post as soon as i get some

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00611.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

will get more up when i have time

nice mate! thanks for sharing! :D

thanks for the coments boys.

its now time to get my CTR cams v/springs,retainers fitted along with the gas flowed head.

as usual there is only one part holding me up and its the head gasket kit but got the rest of the parts here. will put more pics up once i take them

CTR/ek9 cams and gears
DSC01162.jpg

DSC01161.jpg

blue print timming belt
DSC01160.jpg

i am doing all the work myself so will have lots of photos and will make a write taken u through how i done it

My mate put ctr cams in his eg6 and man that thing goes,

Good luck with the build dude wheels look nice!

project looks good... keep us updated with ur DIY :nice:

any interior mods :pics:?

your choice in colour for your rocker cover almost looks like J's Racing engine bay :)

Very nice buddy. I take it you noticed the scooby burble with that manifold? Any one know if unequal length header sap power?

Shame you didn't take the after pic of the grill painted on the car!!! tut tut :nono: :p

Top work :nice:

Very nice buddy. I take it you noticed the scooby burble with that manifold? Any one know if unequal length header sap power?

Shame you didn't take the after pic of the grill painted on the car!!! tut tut :nono: :p

Top work :nice:

cheers guys.

and ye it sounds dead like a scooby. do all 4-1 manifolds sound like this. and ye i will get some picks up at the weekend of the ek9 grill and spoiler.

sorry vtecroadhog no mods on the inside just now want the engine done first. but in summer i want a set of ek9 or ep3 seads only thing is not to sure the red seats will go with my car

and ye it sounds dead like a scooby. do all 4-1 manifolds sound like this

Only manifold with unequal length headers.

Mine only has that scooby like sound til bout 4500rpm then it sounds like an inline 4 again and then VTEC!!!:drive:

Only manifold with unequal length headers.

Mine only has that scooby like sound til bout 4500rpm then it sounds like an inline 4 again and then VTEC!!!:drive:

im away to change back to a 4-2-1. mine only sounded like a scooby when i had the full stainless on. got a oem ek9 cat back and it just has a we rasp to it at the front end.

one more EK4 on the forum yes!!

nice car mate, she look good
I also have itr cams but they are always in the cardboard
i have to wait this summer

Will give me your impression with your new cam

a we white van turned up at my work today and there was only one thing that gould have been

DSC01166.jpg

DSC01167.jpg

yes its a oem honda head gesket kit. now that means i can get my ek9 cams fitted.

one more EK4 on the forum yes!!

nice car mate, she look good
I also have itr cams but they are always in the cardboard
i have to wait this summer

Will give me your impression with your new cam

thanks kimken. ha ha you are the same as me iv had the cams for a few months now been sittin in my bedroom but the time has come to get them fitted.

i will post up how they perform. i am taking my car to crailraceway on the 13th of next month so will get the results from there. my car runs a 15.301 1/4 time and 1/8 in 9.983 so hope to see a high 14 :drive:

haha
14s interesting
i cross finger for you arrive to your goal

haha
14s interesting
i cross finger for you arrive to your goal

ah ha so do i have my fingers crossed. cause it costs alot of money im getting the head gas flowed 2 so really really hope to see a 14s out of it.

you should put up some pics of your car kimken

Get Black DC2 seats instead of the Red Recaro seats.

Will set off the interior better if your leaving the door cards standard etc...;)

Get Black DC2 seats instead of the Red Recaro seats.

Will set off the interior better if your leaving the door cards standard etc...;)

ye think thats what i will do. plus they seats almost bolt straight in only one bolt hole out wont take much to sort that. plus my car har diferent interior from most vti's its very rare only comes in the clover green vti's not all of them tho only some. :nice:

ah ha so do i have my fingers crossed. cause it costs alot of money im getting the head gas flowed 2 so really really hope to see a 14s out of it.

you should put up some pics of your car kimken

no problem for pictures
i will have some time^^

Back