Finally got my VSM EK9 back !

dhdavectr

Donator
Donator
thought i'd get some pics up of my silver ek9. got it off a mate who i bought a mb6 vti-s from as he needed a car with some more space again.
mods so far are
98 spec teg box 4.78fd
hawk hp+ front pads
spoon c pillar brace [it was cheap and shiny]
fidanza 3.4kg flywheel
custom intake pipe and cold air feed
hardrace suspension bushes
fujibitso cat-back
tegiwa decat
4-2-1 manifold
carbon spark plug cover
megan rear lower brace
cusco copy m/c stopper
spoon socks
aluminium radiator
now for the pics
4791161742a10242690174l.jpg

17022009177.jpg

4791161742a10242690078l.jpg

4791161742a10242689819l.jpg

the red eg is a work of art, 400bhp from a turbo b18c4 which ran a 12.3 at santa pod with full interior. scares the crap out of me and it now has teg cams and spins the wheels in 4th with street tyres on
will take some more pics this weekend

Last edited:
Very nice! Silver EK9 or DC2 are rare even here in Japan. BTW, just in case you were mistaken..SPOON does not make C-pillar bars

beautiful car man!! post more photos! :bow:

well recently i went out and found that someone had donated the contents of their tin of paint stripper to my ek9. to say i was pissed off was an understatement. spent a while trying to find out when/where it might of happened, could only have been when it was parked up in bridgend while i was shopping so any info please let me know. police where more than helpful:
'if you find anything out please let us know'
'hang on, i though thats your job??'
still not heard anything back so thought i would get on with it and spray it myself. done a few bike frames with rattle cans so this is my first time with a proper gun and mixing. still got to flatten the bumper and buff it up though hence the odd look.
so from this
01092009507.jpg

04092009510.jpg

04092009512.jpg

to this
06092009514.jpg

06092009516.jpg

oh and some of the engine bay
22082009485.jpg

22082009486.jpg

and some spoon action
22082009482.jpg

just gotta buff the bumper to a decent shine

i prefered it with white wheels tbh, invest in some meg's tyre shine too hehe. whats with the silver tape on your airbox?

MY OLD CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha nice 1. i wondered where that went to

were you the tall guy in the black civic that was with the guy that bought the car from me?

Nice civic, that was an ace running ek9! the first ever 9 I was in!

MY OLD CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha nice 1. i wondered where that went to

haha, how gid eh!! just need to find the evil mobeel now!!:nerv:

Doesnt looks as clean as when you had it. Well when Ramsay washed it:lol:

exactly, I wash and clean all of cal's cars!! I love cleanin tho, I am a bit of bitch!lol:clap:

did you really change the gearbox because im sure it had a different fd in it?

yeah i was the guy with the black civic, part exed back to my mate who bought the ek9 off you.
sorted out the odd colour on the tyres now.
yep bought the teg gearbox not long after i got the car, made a massive difference too. car doesn't stay that clean often as i do alot of motorway miles and i'd rather drive if than clean it anyway

bit of an update again. let the mrs borrow the ek9 for a trip to glasgow as i didn't trust her vectra to hold up and strangely enough when i got the car back it was having gear problems.
managed to get a hold of a uprated clutch off a mate and got recovered from dumfries to my work in cardiff to sort it out.
gearbox out and i'm greeted by this
30092009524.jpg

i don't blame my mrs for it, think it was just one of those things. also found that the bearing in the flywheel has shattered which is what i think caused the clutch to die.

Last edited:
went away to belize start of the year and decided to go for the b18 swap. went with tegiwa for the swap for alot of reasons. i wanted the car done asap, i had nowhere to do it and i didnt want another engine to put up for sale. add to the fact i had just spent two months doing engine swaps on trucks in the jungle i thought someone else could do the hard work.

not got any pics of the swap but i was very impressed with the difference both in about town driving and giving it some on the open road.

since then i have removed the power steering, fitted a chipped/socketed obd1 ecu with the conversion harness and fited one of tegiwa's three point strut braces.
the new brace coupled with no power steering means the handling is now spot on. i run toyo t1r's 195/50/15 and i dont find the steering hard at all but the extra feedback is amazing.
some pics
IMG_0073.jpg

the shiny catch can is my resevoir to keep the rack lubed up. found out that if you run a resevoir with a decent amount of air in it the steering feels a fair bit lighter compared to it being topped right up
IMG_0072.jpg

next on the cards is ectune as the chipped ecu is only running a b18 base map with launch control and the speed limiter removed, thinking about a 4-1 manifold and either a oem dc2 airbox or a tegiwa carbon one when they come out

a quick pic of the ek9 outside my work, looking to get a full respray very soon funds permitting
IMG_0065.jpg

and a comical pic of my mates lsi. literally just fitted some teg suspension to it and decided to take it out for 'a quick spin'. he ran out of talent mid corner and thats all he can remember
IMG_0036.jpg

I highly recommend the road though. its called the Dalveen Pass and its on the A702 just off the M74

Looking good mate! :) you gona keep the car silver when getting it re-sprayed?

Thats a crazy pic of your mates lsi, dull one!

Back