Donator
Donator
hi folks,thought i might start a build thread here to keep up the progress of
my b18 build on my ek4 :nice:

the car is currently running a b16a2...
81.5 ek9 pistons (nippon)
dc2 camshafts
blox intake manifold etc etc etc :nice:

cut a long story short on that build its running 185/123 mapped on "crome".

so after debating what to do i just decided to mate my b16a2 head with a
b18c6 bottom end,my head has had quite a bit of £££ spent on it so this seems like a plan!
this is the car in question...
SL380681-1.jpg

Last edited:
good idea ricky,nice to be able to say your running a b18c ek,
cant wait to see updates etc,say ul see great bhp/tourque gains,
great you already have management to map again too
good work

well after running the nippon pistons before i decided to get them again.
i would class myself as a "oem" honda fan but after seeing the pistons beside oem ones i have here i just cant see the difference!

the guys in the US rate them highly and also read they are produced by the same factory who make the oem items.

well i was gonna go ek9 pistons again in 81.5mm so my good friend (thanks Deni :nice:) sourced me a set.
but turned out to be ITR pistons(p73),think i will just run these anyway as they are meant to give a better "burn" on the b18 block,i can live with the lower compression tbh.
couldnt get oem piston rings in 81.5 so got a "hastings" rings from the US.

pistons etc....
SL380934.jpg

SL380936.jpg

Last edited:
had to pick up a b18 sump and oil pickup for my block as those items where missing.
ordered new bolts/gaskets etc for the sump etc(thanks "simauto":nice:)
SL380933.jpg

thats a t`body gasket in pic as i sourced an ITR t`body.

must get pics of all this gear i have :)

Last edited:
thanks guys for the comments.

picked up a set of dc2 rods as the block i got was bare.
SL380937.jpg

SL380938.jpg

they came with a set of ek9 pistons attached,pistons no good to me as they where stock 81mm and i would rather fit new items anyway.
here is a pic of the new nippon piston(itr)beside the oem ek9 piston...
SL380939.jpg

and few more pics...
SL380940.jpg

SL380943.jpg

Nice:cool:

Look forward to seeing the updates man:)

What have you had done to the b16 head?

Also, where did you get the nippon pct and p73 pistons from?

well the b16a2 head just had a good overhaul bud,had a "mild" port and polish also along with 3 angle valve job,itr cams,not a "wild" build but it all costs $$$$.

as for the pistons there is a few sellers on ebay doing them from the US if you do a worldwide search on the site :nice:

looks great dude. such a cool car.

if your back over here to get this mapped defo give me/gav a shout and wel orginise something.

Nice one Ricky ;)

Good luck with the build maybes see you over here with it in the new year :nice:

yes guys i will deffo be over to see "henry" for mapping next year so i will arrange to meet up with the "Scottish crew" :nice:

Looking forward to following the progress of this build Ricky :nice:

It will be a very nice upgrade with the B18c bottom end from the B16a, any idea of a completion date or are you just playing it by year?

Sounds like it will be a good build mate, looking forward to seeing how it all pans out :)

Looking forward to following the progress of this build Ricky :nice:

It will be a very nice upgrade with the B18c bottom end from the B16a, any idea of a completion date or are you just playing it by year?

no dates in mind bud,just have to get the bottom end up to stevey to measure what bearings i need to order then they can rebuild the block back up.

and also picked up some ITR dual valvesprings and retainers,im running b16a2 items at the moment but are fine on the current engine with a 8.5 rev limit.
but will be fitting the ITR items for the build...
SL380947.jpg

Last edited:
small update..
well finally got a dc2 trottlebody (thanks Phil) as the last one turned out to be a b16 item....

SL380969.jpg

just waiting on ACL bearings and few seals before i build up the bottom end.

well decided to weld some baffle plates into my b18 sump as its just sitting about looking sorry for itself...

SL380970.jpg

just a little safeguard if i decide to do few trackdays.

Good to hear you sorted out the TB :nice: The sump baffle looks perfect, did you weld this in work?

People talk about painting the baffle but if there is oil in the sump then there should be no need to paint anything!

Back