cold air ect

Fin

B18C-R Type Rx
im just tryin to get this straight so bear with me:D, if i take out the lower resinotor box by my drivers wheel and leave the piping it was attatched to there OR alternatively take out all piping under the air filter box and route some new piping to the front of the bumper its essentially a cold air intake thus making more power and throttle response bla bla bla...
thats all thats needed??
i did seearch and i cannot find a definate answer to the question :p

im just tryin to get this straight so bear with me:D, if i take out the lower resinotor box by my drivers wheel and leave the piping it was attatched to there OR alternatively take out all piping under the air filter box and route some new piping to the front of the bumper its essentially a cold air intake thus making more power and throttle response bla bla bla...
thats all thats needed??
i did seearch and i cannot find a definate answer to the question :p

yes lad, :nice:
i went for the new piping , i got a cold air feed from billion , nice piece off kit :clap:

probly not nessesory but....some pic ...

junebankholidayweekend005.jpg

junebankholidayweekend014.jpg

junebankholidayweekend017-1.jpg

junebankholidayweekend055.jpg

junebankholidayweekend023.jpg

Attachments

• $junebankholidayweekend005.jpg
    $junebankholidayweekend005.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 302
  • $junebankholidayweekend014.jpg
    $junebankholidayweekend014.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 311
  • $junebankholidayweekend017-1.jpg
    $junebankholidayweekend017-1.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 240
  • $junebankholidayweekend055.jpg
    $junebankholidayweekend055.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 282
  • $junebankholidayweekend023.jpg
    $junebankholidayweekend023.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rvm
loads of threads on this mate so suggest you do a search. but ye you are essentially making a CAI. cutting the bumper in my opinion is a bit extreme but each to their own.
if you want to keep the stock pipe down from the airbox i suggest you cut it on the lower bend and run your own pipe off that as the pipe had a mounting bolt which will hold the airbox in place etc.

good luck :)

Get some neoprene cold air ducting off ebay. its great stuff and real cheap and flexible. 90mm diameter plenty air getting in! :)

one thing, ive noticed to the LEFT of my air filter box ther is a pipe running to nothing?what is this for?

anyone know what that second pipe is for???(its left of the airbox, runs to nothing?? anyone)

one thing, ive noticed to the LEFT of my air filter box ther is a pipe running to nothing?what is this for?

Thats where air enters the intake from the engine bay into the wheel-well resonator back up into the airbox then splits into the secondary resonator and up to the throttle body

Back