My Cold Air Intake System #2

jugbugz

1998 EK9 CTR
Donator
Sorry RVM,

Mine is very similar but with a 90mm pipe, shorter air distance travel and stealth.

I also used a knife... LOL

I've had this for a while already and the power is way more consistant even after hard driving!

I've also made a 5mm hole to insure that when it rains the water won't get stuck inside the hose.

check it out...

Attachments

• $DSC02245.JPG
    $DSC02245.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 1,029
  • $DSC02248.JPG
    $DSC02248.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,032
  • $DSC02251.JPG
    $DSC02251.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 1,062
  • $DSC02254.JPG
    $DSC02254.JPG
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,101
  • $DSC02256.JPG
    $DSC02256.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,112
  • $DSC02257.JPG
    $DSC02257.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 986
  • $DSC02259.JPG
    $DSC02259.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 1,113
  • $DSC02242.JPG
    $DSC02242.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 1,382
Nice! great job man! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Since i crashed :( I hit the front bomper very badly, so I decided to make another air duct with the help of the paint shop, i will post some photos as soon as i get my car back.

Do you felt any difference? in my case y felt another car man! it really helped me a lot!

:woot:

Nice! Do you notice any bottom end power? It doesnt seem like such a small modification could make a difference. Other than 1-2 mpg.

RVM, yeah man, the power is way more consistant! never drops as engine bay heats up.

Yes SiR, this mod is a pretty cool mod as you get free power without modding any engine bits. Bottom end, I've never had any problems but I'm sure short ram will provide better response there(bottom end) when you blip the throttle. This certainly helps Mid range onwards... No suffering from lack of oxygen.

RVM, yeah man, the power is way more consistant! never drops as engine bay heats up.

Yes SiR, this mod is a pretty cool mod as you get free power without modding any engine bits. Bottom end, I've never had any problems but I'm sure short ram will provide better response there(bottom end) when you blip the throttle. This certainly helps Mid range onwards... No suffering from lack of oxygen.

throttle response is greatly increased :D :clap:

Nice nice, i will post some photos + video of my new cold air system with the bumper scoop lol :shocked:

cool... you still going to configure it as Ram air?

I'll be installing J's Racing intake later once it's registered. I'll be clamping the existing black hose to the end of J's intake and bring it down to the same position and put a pod filter there. This should give great response and free up more power:D:D:D but........ Im going to have problems of where I'm going to draw cold air when I install the Pre-facelift bumper...:( :angry2:

Jugbugz, I recommend you keep the filter in the stock location for the J's racing intake, but make a box around the filter that is attached to a pipe that goes the lower grill, just after the radiator. The box, if made right, should keep out the engine bay air while sucking in cold, fresh air from the attached tube. You want to keep the filter in the stock short ram location for high rpm power and throttle response ( just look how mugen and comptech designed their intakes with the the filter at a short ram length, but a long cold air pipe)

hey thanks for the advice, I was planning to create some kind of cold air duct + heat shield with this one... I've received the 'Genuine' J's racing intake few weeks ago and DAMN, it's a very very well designed and crafted intake. The bloody thing is HUGE and the POD filter is the biggest I've seen yet. Pod filter got some special design internally too. Will be posting pics soon... but can't fit it to mny car yet as need to replace bent left knuckle and inspect and register then install. :( hahhaha...

babyface: I got it from an autoshop, no particular brand, just happended to be there and was lucky. Try searching the suto shops.

so im assuming you tore out all the resonator and standard piping that attach to it to?

sounds like a good mod for the money plus you get to keep the standard look.would def invest the saved money in the spoon direct flow pipe :D

yes thats right and you can cut out the extension part of the OEM airbox to save weight and make it look like SPOONs setup. After that, all you need is SPOON's direct airflow pipe, but I'm pretty sure you can save more and get one made. :nice:

don't really need to start another thread so I am bringing this back.

heres mine.

Image051.jpg

haven't had a chance for a proper go.

but i think it made VTEC transition smoother

don't really need to start another thread so I am bringing this back.

heres mine.

Image051.jpg

haven't had a chance for a proper go.

but i think it made VTEC transition smoother

Looks good :D

Back