Regamaster fitment problem

Zen

Bought some of these wheels but they clash on the front calipers which are oem by the way.
It is very slight so im assuming a spacer (2-3mm or so) would do the trick.

I was trying to read all of the info on the inside of the wheel but its a bit faded.

114.3 and 6.5 offset?? would this make sense why they clash?

What fitment spec regamaster wheels do other people have that fit perfectly? And where can I buy spacers from if thats the solution?

114.3 is the bolt spacing. ie. 5(bolt) x 114.3

6.5 (inches) is the width.

The offset should be cast in the middle on the portion that makes contact with the hub IIRC. The number ought to be something like 42, 45 (can't recall if they were available in this size), 38, 35.

My guess is that you got the +42mm which does require a 2mm spacer. Hopefully somebody will chime in on where you can purchase the spacer. Otherwise, eBay is the only option I am aware of since I do not reside in the UK.

I am running Regamasters with a 45 ET and have plenty of clearance with the standard calipers so not sure why you are having probs. Maybe a different caliper ?

Checked myself and these wheels are et45 so I cant figure out why they foul the calipers.

Are the oem wheels et45 also?

I am running Regamasters with a 45 ET and have plenty of clearance with the standard calipers so not sure why you are having probs. Maybe a different caliper ?

Yours are 16's though aren't they ?

OEM wheels are +50. They clear the calipers due to their spoke design. They flare outwards vs. the flat spokes of the Regas.

The 16s will clear just about anything including the Spoon calipers without spacers.

+45 imo, is a good choice only for a rear wheel, especially in a 6.5in. width. JDM this, JDM that, and you will notice that if wheels are the same diameter, they are usually a much lower numerical offset for the fronts.

It's not unusual for many Japanese enthusiasts on a budget to buy two different sets of wheels just to get the desired width/offset/diameter combination at a good price.

Are you sure is isnt just stuck on balance weights clipping the caliper????

Yeah my 15" with +42 ET fit ok (just ;)) with about 2mm clearance for the calipers.

Cheers,
Alex

Yeah my 15" with +42 ET fit ok (just ;)) with about 2mm clearance for the calipers.

Cheers,
Alex

Still trying to get my head around this:confused: and have been reading up here TECHNICAL INFORMATION ABOUT WHEELS

So if a +42 ET offset fits it seems that my +45 ET offset needs to be more negative so that the mounting side of the wheel to the hub is nearer the centre line of the wheel ??

Best way to think about it. The higher the number, the more the wheel sits inside. (+45, +50)

The lower the number (+42, +38) the further the wheel sits outside.

d4.jpg

See how filled the fenders are? That is a low offset setup.

Zen,

It's p!ssing down with rain outside at the moment but if I get a chance later I'll take some more photos if you like, so you can compare how yours look. Would that be any help?

Cheers,
Alex

Zen have you got any pictures where the wheels are catching the caliper ?

Zen,

Ok, here are some pics, hopefully they'll help. See how close the balance weights are to the caliper. Could that be what's catching on yours?

Are yours the same size?

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

pic5.JPG

pic6.JPG

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited:
Zen, whats your offset of your wheels? I think you might have the 35 ones :(

They are 45's.

I wouldn't have sold them as 45's if they were 35's :)

Ooops, hehee, well, I can't seem to figure out the origin of this issue with that offset! :(

Back