Regamaster Evo 15" and stock caliper clearance

alexb

Donator
Donator
Hi Guys,

Does anyone use 15" Regamaster Evos and stock brakes on the track?

I've noticed that the clearance between the front brake caliper and the wheel is pretty tight:

DSCF1359.jpg

DSCF1363.jpg

(For those of you outside the UK a pound coin is 3mm thick).

I'm just thinking about when the brakes get hot under track conditions and if there's enough clearance for any expansion - do I need a spacer?

Cheers,
Alex

Thats plenty of room for track use. I don't think expansion will be much of a problem.

Cool - thanks :)

I'll find out mid-June.

Cheers,
Alex

Man, thats pretty close, closer than my SPOON calipers on stock wheels.
but it will never move anyway.

That's cool then :nice:

I do love the SPOON calipers but can't really justify them at the moment, I'll see how the stock set-up does on track first :)

Cheers,
Alex

I don't know I'm afraid, they were on the car when I bought it, I'll check and let you know when I get the chance.

Cheers,
Alex

How the offset affects caliper clearance is determined on a per-wheel basis due to how the wheel and spokes are designed. You could have two different 15x7 +38 wheels and one will fit and the other won’t. The Advan RGII for example clears most brakes with no problem, the Enkei RP-F1 doesn’t clear as well because it wasn’t designed specifically for clearing calipers. These regamasters are made with pretty good clearance however.

did you buy that car in leeds? if its the same car you got to it a day quicker than me. lol nice car, with some nice bits n bobs on it.

did you buy that car in leeds? if its the same car you got to it a day quicker than me. lol nice car, with some nice bits n bobs on it.

Yeah that's right, the guy was on here but can't remember his forum name.

Thanks, in general I'm pleased with it, but it does seem to have had a rear shunt in the past that wasn't mentioned at the time... Live and learn as my old man used to say....

Cheers,
Alex

that was a bit dishonest of him, as long as its had a decent repair then nothing to worry about. Still a really nice clean example

You live and learn I have had Regamasters with a 38 et and 45 et I didnt know they made a 42. Glad you are enjoying the EK9, me too.

Hi All,

Quick update seeing as the EK9 had it's first track outing on Monday. It was an open pit lane day and I did about 60 laps of Snetterton, so just under 120 miles. There was no measurable expansion at all so my fears were unfounded :)

Cheers,
Alex

Hi All,

Quick update seeing as the EK9 had it's first track outing on Monday. It was an open pit lane day and I did about 60 laps of Snetterton, so just under 120 miles. There was no measurable expansion at all so my fears were unfounded :)

Cheers,
Alex

Thanks for sharing! :clap:

Back