Replacing Front Upper Ball Joint / Skunk2

CIVICHB98

REALJDMEK9
I've had installed my Skunk2 Camber Kit since 2005 and after a couple of months down the road after being installed, I notice that one of the ball joint boots was ripped. I didn't do anything about it, so about 2 years ago from now, I notice that my steering started to get bad. I didn't know what could it be, untill now. So, both ball joint boots are ripped. :angry:

So, here is my question:
Should I just replace the boots or replace the whole ball joints???

Last edited:
they sell replacement ball joints.

They sure do and these are the ones I have in mind if I don't just change the boot.

Camber%20Kit%20Ball%20Joint%20_360x360.jpg

Last edited:
I think u should change the ball joint cuz the boot protects it from moisture then rusting and other atmospheric exposure damage. If the boots were bad then the joints are probably on their way out as well. u should take a look at them when u take them out to see if they acutally have any life in them, if so, I guess u cud jus change the boot......for now!

I went to the dealership today and ordered the boots and the rings for it but they had to order them for me due to not having them in stock. So I'm just going to try to replace the boots for now and see how it go's from there.

Plus, I called Skunk2 for the ball joint replacement and they told me that they are on back order. The tech told me that the release date for the ball joints are going to be at the end of this month so for now I have to wait.

How can you tell that the ball joint would be shot?

they should be difficult to move in all direction by hand otherwise theyre shot

Well I just re-booted them and they were completely shot. One of them had no boot what so ever and the other one had a rip on it. They were both weak, and you could move them like nothing. The driving got a bit better but not back to normal. So now I gotta wait till Skunk2 releases the ball joints and also I gotta order the lower ones as well from Honda. More crap I gotta deal with these days :angry:

Last edited:
i got mines from a dealer on hondatech who had some in stock, might be worth putting up a wanted post - can't remember the name of them though!

Look into the SPC forged aluminum camber kit if you end up replacing the entire thing, it can be found for $200

Back