Stock EK9 Hondata Tuned 162.7whp - 190bhp

EK9turbo

its a rush!
Hi guys & gals!

On saturday I dyno'd Tims stock-EK9.

Heres the results, its a pretty healthy engine. Got something very interesting to show you EK9 owners soon :nice:
159.6whp - 106.7ft-lb wheel-torque
attachment.php

Tuned Results page 3 or click here

Attachments

• $2.JPG
    $2.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 2,824
Last edited:
and just if any you were wondering, drivetrain losses are approximately 30hp. So this is making 190bhp :bow:

Niiice :) same dyno we plan to do mine on??

Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve dude, you've been pretty elusive recently!! :secret:

Niiice :) same dyno we plan to do mine on??

Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve dude, you've been pretty elusive recently!! :secret:

Yes, Ive actually put this car onto Hondata S300 on a limited edition ECU now. Its had extensive time street-tuning and will be tested on the dyno with this map. Ill then refine the map on the dyno load-holding and use this for future EK9-owner Hondata clients and immediately after I'll be optimising the map for maximum safe performance. Im sure Tim will share his opinions on Hondata soon.. We just need to fix the gearbox issue thats been plaguing him for a while since using 80w-90 diff fuid. Which I believe is too thick a grade.

Last edited:
Come on Will don't leave us in suspense, what is the latest trick you have up your sleeve..:secret: Was that running standard ecu it made those dyno results?

Initial thoughts:

Shifter light is cool.
Launch control is cooler.
There's a lot more to tuning than I had previously thought.
My gearbox is rubbish.
Will isn't having his Hondata ECU back:D

There's still a long way to go but I've already noticed it's more responsive, after a short time tuning.

I've just installed Hondata SManager on my laptop and have started reading through the help guides. Unfortunately a lot of it goes over my head:(

Interesting to see what hp power gains throughout the rev range it will make

How do you find the smoothness now when transitioning on/off the throttle Tim?

also, If friday ends-up being the only day I can take your car to the dyno then can you leave it with me thursday night?

Interesting to see what hp power gains throughout the rev range it will make

This is somthing Im really looking forward too. :nice:
Then especially optimising it on the dyno. Its a totally stock EK9. and a very clean one at that too. :)

Yes, Ive actually put this car onto Hondata S300 on a limited edition ECU now. Its had extensive time street-tuning and will be tested on the dyno with this map. Ill then refine the map on the dyno load-holding and use this for future EK9-owner Hondata clients and immediately after I'll be optimising the map for maximum safe performance. Im sure Tim will share his opinions on Hondata soon.. We just need to fix the gearbox issue thats been plaguing him for a while since using 80w-90 diff fuid. Which I believe is too thick a grade.

Awesome, that map won't help me much though with a B16A :(( hope you still have plenty of those Ltd Edition S300's though as I definitely want one!

Sounds like Tim is a happy chappy with his new ECU :D I can't wait....want that shift light and launch control....and the S-manager :p

Hope you manage to sort his box issue out!

Do you think what we arranged will be adequate for setting up/tuning my Hondata, or do you think I will need to pay for further dyno tuning?!

Highly reccomend dyno-tuning, so much more accurate for super-light throttle than street tuning!

good job, so are you using an S300 for his car or an OEM ECU? cause it seems like you are saying both and IIRC hondata only works with obd1 ecu's...

good job, so are you using an S300 for his car or an OEM ECU? cause it seems like you are saying both and IIRC hondata only works with obd1 ecu's...

Think the dyno read out is with OEM ECU....but since fitted an S300, street tuned it and is then going to dyno tune it in the near future. :)

The dyno is on oem PCT ecu. the car will be re-dyno'd an optimised at the end of the week. It hasnt been measured on hondata yet. the hondata S300 is in a ECU made totally by hondata with a built-in OBD2b connector :nice:

The dyno is on oem PCT ecu. the car will be re-dyno'd an optimised at the end of the week. It hasnt been measured on hondata yet. the hondata S300 is in a ECU made totally by hondata with a built-in OBD2b connector :nice:

come on now, i now what s300 is, Hondata used to be like down the street from my house. S300 is not actually entirely made my hondata, they add extra boards into the factory obd1 ecu to give it more options, it still uses a P28 or similar as its base.

come on now, i now what s300 is, Hondata used to be like down the street from my house. S300 is not actually entirely made my hondata, they add extra boards into the factory obd1 ecu to give it more options, it still uses a P28 or similar as its base.

Blinx, dude, Ive said what it is.. this IS entirely made by hondata (the one I fitted into Tims car).
S300 is entirley made by hondata, although the factory ECU they would usually use is OEM OBD1.

the one in Tims car is a Hondata reproduced ecu basically a copy of the usdm oem P28.
obd2s300bundle.jpg

Last edited:
You guy's been busy then!!:nice:
Hopfuly be taking one of these off your hand's soon mate!
Keep us updated both of you! (will & tim):nice:
By the way nice number's there TIM, got to be really healthy engine making them numbers!
Too go with your really clean EK9!:D

Back