EG6 SiR B18 and Pulsar Gtir

KieranEG6

Argumentative!!
Donator
Well as a few of you may have seen me around here for a while. I don't have a build thread and don't really have enough time to make one so I'll keep this short. May update this into a build thread as i have tones old Pics from over the years.

Here's my little EG6. Had her just over 4 years covered... many K miles in it over the years. Has had many different specs as time has passed but is at its most basic at the moment. Well sort of.

B18CR
SiR2 box with spoon LSD
Full standard 96 spec DC2 susspenssion (poly bushed soon to be hardraced) and 98 spec DC2 Brakes.
Standard DC2-EK9 exhaust. Custom DC2 mugen 2loop to go on, Just sold my Spoon N1 :((
Black DC2 Recaro's
See prity tame and basic at pressent.

How she was when I first put her on the road.

Didn't stay shiny for long and wheels came off to keep them in good condition. Rota's, FBG tail and recaros. Plus a sneek peek at the Dirty N1 while it was on. (Dont mention the dent! Was pissed off enough about it!!! Some drunk ass decided to kick my car!! :angry2:)

Engine bay looking standard and tidy. Yes i know thats a B16A manifold, I was awaiting delivery of the type R at the time.

Now as some off you may have noticed or gathered from other posts of mine I am in the planning of either a Big B20 build or going for a K20 so I have been saving for a few months. While I was searching for an engine to begin my build I came across this at an absolute steel so just had to buy it. There are only 4 of these on the isle of man that I know of (very small island) and 2 of them are complete turds. This one was owned buy a guy who ran a body shop. It had an engine and gearbox rebuild 2 years ago, was taken off the road for a full body work overhaul and respray. Then had clutch problem so has been sat off the road 2 years ever since as the guy lost intrest. The thing was he wasn't a mechanic and didnt realise all the problem was the clutch slave cylinder had gave up haha. So when somebody asked to buy it he sold it as a non runner :shocked:. But anyway theres the story and here she is. Ignore the old bloke, it is not my pic as I haven't had time to take and decent ones yet. And yes the wheels are super Gash but have new tyre's so will stay till I get the cash for new one's.

pulsar.jpg

Only 130k km, has a few electrical bugs and only the expected problems from a 2 year sit.

Before anybody gets the wrong idea the Civic is going nowere and never will!! The plans for the engine build will get done!....eventualy.

Feel free to comment.

Last edited:
Very nice mate and nice pulsar! Must be good to have 2 cars depending on which mood your in ;) never seen a blue pulsar before looks epic and got to agree wheels are turd but they can always be changed congrats mate

Love your eg mate. Subtle but seems to be quite serious.

Pulsar isn't perfect but that's my opinion. Would love a shot though!

^^ I was also surprised for it to be blue! Aha, nice car though mate always liked GTIR`s..

Always wondered this (may sound completely retarded ha) but do Pulsars have a top mounted intercooler? Just wondered why they have such large bonnet vents!

Love your eg mate. Subtle but seems to be quite serious.

Pulsar isn't perfect but that's my opinion. Would love a shot though!

Some people don't buy cars as perfect and like a project!

Yea they come with a big top mount.

No such thing as perfect as everyone has personal prefference.

I don't know if im fan of the blue yet. But it is a good spray job so I recon it can stay like that. Will look much better with a nice set of wheels and a bit lower. :nice:

I think they only came in 4 colours.
Red, white, black and grey.

I would have much preffered it to be an original colour.

Last edited:
I think that blue looks awesome ! Not a fan of the grill though.
Must be great having two top spec cars to play about with.

Not as great as it sound as im currently banned for a few years. But thats a long story so i won't get into that. Im just going to take the chance to overhaul the civic and now the pulsar too. Im hoping to be able to do track days on a National B race license but im not sure if i can yet.

Yeah the white mesh grill is on the todo list. The original owner moved top mount intercooler down to the front so decided to cut out the middle bumper grill. I will probabley be replacing the old intercooler with a bigger new one so might leave it open or get some black mesh to cover it instead. The worst thing is not in the picture! He decided to smooth the tailgate so its all flush on the back end :angry:. It looks ok but im not a fan of that sort of stuff, so will be geting a whole new tail gate, which will need spraying the same odd blue colour (ball ache!). I like my cars to look as original as possible.

Aww bet you itching to drive them anowl!!! Feel for you man

The Non driving of my cars doesn't really bother me that much as its nice to have the chance to finaly work on them. As i have always spent all my time driving and putting off big modifications. My money always went on petrol, tyres and brakes lol.

The biggest bumber is the masive inconvenience of not being able to get to places, transport parts, having to wait on busses everywere and taking a pay cut as a mechanic because i cant test drive cars to diagnose.

Nice looking Eg mate, and rare colour for a pulsar whats it running??

Running standard setup just with front mount and an air filter. So I would say standard power still at around 225hp ish. I'm only planing to step it up to around 300 as I should be able to do it in standard engine. Also I don't like the idea of putting the gearbox under pressure as they are known to be the weak point.

Managed to get up on the weekend just to change the oil and coolant as it was sat with only water in the system, no antifreeze so i thought I had better get some in just incase it froze up and cracked the block.

Took a few more pics while i was there.

FrontUp.jpg

boot.jpg

PulsarEngineStart.jpg

Also i got some pic's of my addapted 60mm DC2 Mugen twin loop back box. As some of you who own one on an EK you will see that the EK9 ones are only just over 2" piping and the DC2 ones are 2.4" piping. But the DC2 ones are longer in box length so they do not fit an EK or EG in any way. Well I didn't know this untill i bought a DC2 one and tried to fit it onto my EG6! Much fail!!. The price of an EK9 one was much higher than the DC2 one and has smaller piping, on an already restricting design. So seeing as my mate had a cheap welder and I had a spare day I decided to chop it to pieces cut out a section from the middle then build it back up from the inside out. I cut off the big cannon tip and welded on a stealth 2.5" pipe then matt blacked the lot. Keeping the plaques covered and still in the same possition of course :naughty:. I actulay doubt anyone else has done this so thought I would Post it up. I suppose you could call it the free'est flowing "mugen" twin loop for the EG or EK as it retains the 2.4" piping instead of 2". :dance:

DSC01545.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

Yes I know the welding is super pidgen poo but the welder was almost FUBAR'd and was done in a drafty shed.

Hope you caught the f***er who kicked your eg mate :angry2:
Love the eg, pulsars are good cars too look forward to seeing what you have planned :p
Also does your pulsar have a laguna splitter?

Yea it looks like a leguna splitter. Not sure if its going to stay on there though.

Thought I may aswell update this a bit. No new progress on the Civic apart from a good collection of parts waiting to go on. Been mainly working on the Pulsar every other weekend as Its at my work and need to get it ready for test to get it back on the road and taxed.

Picked up a new set of wheels cheap and almost perfect fitment. Some 16x7 ET40 Pro Race 1.2's with brand new 195/55 Avons on. Not the best tyre around nor a decent size either but are new and should do fine to get through test.

DSC_0496_zps5c258ccf.jpg

Lowering is much needed.

91c32728-fb0a-48ab-b4e8-1d0321834908_zps5a6e790e.jpg

Doesn't look to bad with the rear blocked out lol.

DSC_0501_zpsc5063151.jpg

Got stuck into checking out one of the worst front mounts iv ever seen. The old top mount had been choped and modified to move the pipes. Then prity much the whole kit consists of 63mm samco hoses. Surely the cost of the samco hoses would have been less than a proper hard pipe kit and FM. :nono:

DSC_0606_zps36acc999.jpg

To top that off the only hard pipes where at the joints and turned out to be 2mm walled mild steel exhaust pipe :angry2:

DSC_0607_zps9903b82d.jpg

Just had to leave that as it was and replaced the pipe with some 1mm thik stainless pipe I had. Std top mount on its way.
Then got stuck in ripping the crappy mesh out and replaced the main part with some new black stuff.

DSC_0609_zpsbb5f91d1.jpg

Starting to get there now. Next was to fit a std tailgate back on to get rid of the rediculus smoothed one.

DSC_0615_zps88a55e2c.jpg

Turns out it had been filled with some Inch thick steel and a tone of filler and weighed almost 10kg more than a normal std one. :wow: No wonder the boot struts couldn't hold it up.

DSC_0621_zps2ff7c86a.jpg

DSC_0623_zps04c39934.jpg

Good shot of where I work.

DSC_0624_zpsdb8105f2.jpg

Keen eye might spot the Lotus Esprit right down the back. What a pig they are to work on. Have a Turbo rover engine fitted on its side in them. Was getting new Ex manifold + Turbo down pipe and a load of boost issues. Turned out to be tones of old leaky vac pipes all around the engine. Right old rainbow chaise.

Onto the exhaust. More rust holes than a 90's clio.

DSC_0633_zpsae055c1e.jpg

Tried my best to patch it as I was actualy quiet just loads of pin holes. Gave up after a while. Then just made my own.

DSC_0636_zpsf01464d3.jpg

Very small space to fit a box only 1ft Diagonaly. Would have just bought a new system but most that are around all have no back box anyways so would have still had to make one.

DSC_0637_zps6197ef4c.jpg

Welder was fooked up so just did my best to make sure it sealed.

DSC_0638_zpsd1eb1e60.jpg

Turned out looking prity cool and stealthy for a 3" back box.

Left it at that for a few weeks till more parts arrived. Did get some extended rear studs fitted, with new rear brakes and 20mm spacers to even out the track. Weird how they run smaller track at the rear than at the front but spacing out the rear helps reduce understeer. To Win Win better looks and better handling. Will get some proper Pics of it once a bit more work is done.

DSC_0942_zpsea942200.jpg

Still needs lowering but might leave it stock for the test. At least the heights are looking even with the 20mm spacers on the rear now. Not the biggest budget build as most of my money has been going on Civic parts as it should :p .

Back