Steve's Yellow EK9

Steve

The Man The Myth
Been on here for a while, dont post much and took me a while to find a clean example at the right price.
My friend imports cars so did me a good deal and px'd my saxo VTS against it.

When i purchased it (sure most you seen it on piston heads).

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

DSC01943.jpg

DSC01947.jpg

DSC01948.jpg

Last edited:
Not owning it more than an hour I booked a track day for cadwell park.
Weather was good, the night before i cleaned my seats got them looking new (tesco 99p interior foam cleaner ftw).
Converted the speedo to MPH.

Then off to cadwell, only spoiler of the day was that NO WHERE v-power or even super unleaded in stock, this was up in Newcastle and down Scunthrope/Grimsby/Louth.
So reluctantly i stuck 95ron fuel in :( idles a little **** now and could tell car was slightly slower, didnt want to **** my pistons using **** fuel but she seems ok. Managed to get some 97ron Super at cadwell at 130.0p a litre!

Didnt push the car to the limit like I would the saxo, but glad it kept the saxos/205's at bay especially fully stripped 16v cammed up 106's with semi slicks etc.
Did my pride a bit of good as was worried about getting rid of my saxo.
Car could probably do with some more straight line speed but putting some of that down to the 95ron fuel. Next time al run some R888's.

Anyway enough jiba jaba some photos that i have so far.

P3110564.jpg

P3110747.jpg

P3110748.jpg

P3110749.jpg

P3110756.jpg

P3110763.jpg

P3110764.jpg

P3110765.jpg

P3110775.jpg

P3110776.jpg

P3110862.jpg

P3110863.jpg

P3110864.jpg

Just dropped the car off to have a couple things painted, was a massive scratch on lower part of the front wing, person who fitted the reg had snapped the rear number plate clips so getting the tops painted to blend in, edge of door where someones scrapped a wall, just the very edge of the door.
And hopefully if he has time 2 stone chips on the very front lip of the bonnet thanks to a gritter!!!! Who also chipped the screen but i managed to polish most of them out.

Plan was to keep the car standard, got sick of messing on with the saxo.
Group N suspension, 4pots etc.

EK is running on ebc yellows (I like them, had loads of people telling me at cadwell they were no good, not sure if their opinion changed once they were getting out braked however!)
Master Cylinder Brace and some Spoon Sports socks from tougedistribution.com

Very nice 9 man!! always had a thing for yellow ones:p looks like your making good use of it anyway!

good stuff man! cadwell is a good all roudn track aint it
the beemer was cutting it close in the 10th pic down LOL

snap ! lol yellow does look the nuts:nice: some nice pics there man

Good pics dude, looks such a fun track

cadwell park is awesome, out the way, nice quiet location and a complex track :nice:

Day was only £75.

Think am off to knockhill next sunday up in fife, scotland.

Then provisionally booked croft for the 28th May. Which is a quiet day they are doing as a test after the witch more or less got the track days stopped at croft.

Cars still standard atm so will pass the 88db limit fingers crossed. First sound test at cadwell it was 89db then after i did it again out of curiosity it was 86db easing the gas on.

who did you book with for that price?
half or full day?

i paid £85 for a full day with msv

who did you book with for that price?
half or full day?

i paid £85 for a full day with msv

full day open pit lane.
via trackdays.co.uk but it was opentrack.co.uk who hosted the day.

Track day prices are starting to get silly when its around summer time.
Was wanting to do oulton but not sure if i want to pay £200.

Apparantly MSV are getting strict on the type of helmet you use to.
Although no one ever checked at cadwell park last week.

Glad to see it being used how it was meant to be :D , shame trackdays are so expensive or id do more of them! deffo want to make the trip to cadwell park this year somepoint, looks awesome :)

Some photos from the other night with my mate who has a stripped saxo VTS with other goodies ;)
Hopefully get some video footage and photos from Knockhill on Sunday when i am there.

104.jpg

127.jpg

110.jpg

146.jpg

161.jpg

176.jpg

181.jpg

177.jpg

180.jpg

Looks like you had a hoot!

I hate having to worry about fuelling up my EK9 on a long trip, sometimes Shell stations with V-Power are few and far between, lots of them are shutting down or not using V-Power over the next year so it's only going to get harder.

How did the '9 compare to the Saxo around the track?

hi

nice pic's

i was at cadwell that day was going to say hi to you, but every time i walked past your car you wasnt there lol

was my first trackday since selling my ek9 now got a westfield megablade totally different thing to drive but still enjoyed the day apart from being freezing in it lol and a few little prob's with it

are you going to track it alot? as got a few bits that might intrest you

cheers
mitch

car looks sweet would love to go round cadwell one day looks such a fun track!

hi

nice pic's

i was at cadwell that day was going to say hi to you, but every time i walked past your car you wasnt there lol

was my first trackday since selling my ek9 now got a westfield megablade totally different thing to drive but still enjoyed the day apart from being freezing in it lol and a few little prob's with it

are you going to track it alot? as got a few bits that might intrest you

cheers
mitch

Haha should have tracked me down!
I have commented on your videos a couple times on youtube when you were there.
Al pm you :dance:

Back