B18 Turbo Clover Green EK

E2-SAW

B18 Green Machine
heres a link to my original thread, but alot to put in here so didn't wanna clog it all up

http://www.ek9.org/forum/members-rides/10281-b18-clover-green-ek.html

MEGA UPDATE

Got the cage fitted - :O this is the buna !!!!

Cage had to be quite heavily modified to fit - all bars have been cut and adjusted to fit the car with the sunroof and roof lining still in place.

Also had a door bar fitted to each side aswell which is pretty sweet - then was powdercoated Gold once it was trial fitted

29052009159.jpg

31052009163.jpg

31052009164.jpg

31052009165.jpg

Massive thanks to Sounds of Silence for modifyin the cage to fit and makin up the door bars - cage looks fantastic !!!! Also big thanks to Williams Powdercoating for getting thw cage done for me :D

few days later......

finally, car is running again, gave it a good run too n from work and it seems to be all good aswell (so far)

Another small pic of cage while cra was on ramp :)

05062009170.jpg

made another purchase to try tidy the car up a touch

05062009169.jpg

fitted while still on the ramp

05062009171.jpg

and also fitted my other bumper back on at the same time - pics are piss poor, get better ones once iv been able to wash it properly

05062009174.jpg

05062009175.jpg

05062009173.jpg

05062009177.jpg

05062009172.jpg

not 100% certain on the wheels, but there better than the other ones that were on the now anyway - there growin on me :)

couple of pics cleaned up

07062009181.jpg

08062009185.jpg

08062009186.jpg

08062009187.jpg

08062009188.jpg

08062009189.jpg

made a small purchase for the Civic today..............
some of you may recognise this from 2 previous build threads on the forum, this is its 3rd home now :twisted:

25112008390.jpg

25112008391.jpg

Yea, sure alot of folks wee wonderin wat happened to Kev's/YumYum's Turbo Teg - well it was i who bought it :lol: finally got the car home on Monday. Must state a big massive thanks to Kev for holdin the car for me so long while on tour etc and while i sorted out all the moneys for it. If he wasn't so patient and so brand new i wouldn't have been able to get this from him. Big thanks mate - your a top fella!!!!!

SPEC
B18c
J.E Forged Pistons 9.0
Darton Sleeved Block
Crower Rods
Crower Stage 2 Turbo Cams
Crower Titanium Retainers
Crower Valve Springs
Crower Valves
Greddy Oil Catch Tank
Exedy Twin Plate Paddle Clutch
Exedy Flywheel
Edelbrock Intake Manifold
Edelbrock Throttlebody
Skunk 2 Adjustable Pulleys
3.0" Downpipe
DRAG intercooler Piping Kit with Samco Hoses
Custom Ramhorn Manifold
Tial 38mm Wastegate
750cc RC injectors
AEM Fuel Rail
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro Fuel Pump
Precision Intercooler
Precision SC61 Turbo
Wastegate TIAL 38mm 0.5 BAR (7.25psi)
Custom Screamer Pipe
Custom 3" Exhaust
Apexi Power Fc & Commander
HKS Twinpower
Samco air filter relocation kit
Hasport Mounts
JDM S80 gearbox with LSD
EK9 throttle cable
KOYO radiator with Buddyclub rad cap
Slimline rad fan
Innovitive Wideband
Greddy profec boost controller
Apexi Power FC Commander
Magnegore HT leads
Aeromotive oil feeds and return lines

Last rolling road mapped at 396.2 bhp@7820rpm, 267.0 lbs/ft@7915rpm at 1 bar of boost

img017.jpg

Since then, the manifold and the HKS twinspark have been fitted and a different exhaust system - the engine should be good for about 450bhp at 1 bar once setup properly :twisted:

Need to do a fair few alterations to the Civic before getting this fired in - another brake upgrade most likely, intercooler pipes will need modified, front bumper, exhaust system, then a remap. Alot to be done in the next few weeks - i want this in the car and running ASAP!! :D :D :D

woot woot!!!

this took me up to last Thursday (11th June) when car was dropped of at Sounds of Silence to get the conversion started while i went on a weeks holiday with the mrs to Santa Ponsa - happy days

got back this morning to find this

got back from holidays this morning - went to SOS, found this

19062009220.jpg

a Teg with no engine in it :D

Civic was on the ramp, was getting the tracking all set up after recieving a nice EK9 steering rack :D

had a wee look at the front of it to be met with this

19062009221.jpg

down of the ramp i got a better look at the car

19062009223.jpg

exhaust modified to suit

19062009225.jpg

intercooler resprayed shiny silver, bumper back on minus foglights and mesh (for obvious reasons)

19062009224.jpg

thats all the pics i have for now - will try and get some more tomorrow with bonnet down and stuff like that. Maybe gonna make the front mouth on the bumper a bit larger - gonna muck about with my spare bumper a bit to see what i can do with it :)

been out in it a couple of times - its ****in wild - absolutely love it, insane daft car :D :D :clap:

got some running issues at the moment with the coolant temp rising and presuring up too much - few more tests tomorrow to find what the problems are :) - but overall in a week, its great work

Big thanks to Dave and the boys at Sounds of Silence for the amazing work rate, and also the Al at Accessory Zone for being pronto with a conversion harness for the fc commander :)

more pics tomorrow hopefully

Comments welcome

i plan on making all silicone hoses kawasaki green, and i'll also be respraying the front slam panel again. some chips couldnt be avoided when fitting engine, manifold stickes out a bit :shocked:

Look's MINT mate!:nice:
Very nice spec too!:secret:
Bet you will be having some fun in that & suprising a few people!:drive::D

Were you going for mapping???

nice ride, a friend of mine has a boosted civic with complete bride interior too. here´s a link to his website ***blOwnEJ9*** :nice:

nice ride, a friend of mine has a boosted civic with complete bride interior too. here´s a link to his website ***blOwnEJ9*** :nice:

Thats a stunning car - flip paint is very 2003 but it looks awesome

The Bride interior on that is fantastic - where can i buy :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the comments folks - i love it

mapping is gonna get done somewhere local, AVA can do it, so can Extreme who mapped it last and it is bang on :)

Cheers

Steve

looking good! thats going to fly now! Really like this project its come so far!

cool as fook!!! id love a spin in this lol

wheels look good. maybe get the centres powdered the same gold as the roll cage :)

beautiful! nice dyno numbers!

vids to follow - iv had some issues

couple more pics from Saturday - got some more pics of the front end

20062009227.jpg

20062009226.jpg

20062009228.jpg

leakage test showed pressurisin between 3 and 4 cylinder - todays state of play

22062009229.jpg

heads off - gasket has signs of damage - cylidner head doesn't have any locating dowells fitted, looks like gasket has moved ever so slightly over the top of the pistons and has been coming into contact with the gasket - looks like its been done by a pikey or something. Dowells new from Honda cost £1 each, and are next day available - tinks!!

in time, its taken its toll, the damage then created an air gap between piston and head, the head studs have also worked themselves slightly loose and started bouncing, moving the gasket even more.

good thing is while heads off i can exmain pistons etc, and from the look of things the map is running is spot on - no signs of detonation at all on the pistons, so im quite happy the map is safe :)

so - heads away to get checked over, pressure tested and warp tested, then recieve a tolerance skim if it needs one. New cometic head gasket ordered aswell - fingers crossed we should be good for this weekend.

havn't updated this for a while lol -

DSCF1363.jpg

DSCF1362.jpg

DSCF1348.jpg

DSCF1350.jpg

DSCF1352-1.jpg

DSCF1364.jpg

DSCF1355.jpg

31052009163.jpg

31052009164.jpg

31052009165.jpg

DSCF1358.jpg

DSCF1360.jpg

DSCF1366.jpg

DSCF1367.jpg

SPEC

ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
B18C4 Bottom End, B18C6 Cylinder Head
J.E Forged Pistons 9.0:1
Darton Sleeved Block
Crower Rods
Crower Stage 2 Turbo Cams
Crower Titanium Retainers
Crower Valve Springs
Crower Valves
Greddy Oil Catch Tank
Exedy Twin Plate Paddle Clutch
Exedy Flywheel
Edelbrock Intake massive rubber cock
Edelbrock 75mm Throttlebody
Skunk 2 Adjustable Cam Pulleys
3.0" Downpipe
DRAG Intercooler Piping Kit with Samco Hoses
Custom Ramhorn massive rubber cock
750cc RC injectors
AEM Fuel Rail
AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro Fuel Pump
Precision Intercooler
Precision SC61 Turbo
Wastegate TIAL 38mm 0.5 BAR (7.25psi)
Custom External Screamer Pipe
Custom 3" Exhaust
Apexi Power Fc & Commander
HKS Twinpower
Samco Air Filter Relocation Kit
Hasport Mounts
JDM S80 gearbox with LSD
EK9 throttle cable
KOYO radiator with Buddyclub rad cap
Slimline Radiator Fan
Innovitive Wideband
GReddy Profec2 B Boost controller
Magnegore HT leads
Aeromotive Oil Feeds and Return Lines
Kawasaki Green Coolant Hoses
Kawasaki Green Rocker Cover with Red 'H'
Gunmetal Grey Sparkplug Cover
Green and Black Reservoir Socks

SUSPENSION & BRAKES
K-Sport Coilover Kit with Springs Powder Coated Yellow
BLOX Anodised Gold Rear Lower Control Arms
MFactory Swaybar Kit, Powder Coated Yellow
Miracle X-Brace by Next
EBC Grooved & Dimpled 282mm Front Discs from MG ZS 2.5 V6
EBC Green Stuff Front Pads
Twin-Pot Front Calipers from Honda Legend 3.0 V6, Painted Gold
Rear Disc Conversion
EBC Grooved & Dimpled 262mm Rear Discs from MG ZS 2.5 V6
Spoon Rear Brake Pads
DC2 Integra Type-R Rear Calipers Painted Gold
DC2 Integra Type-R 1” Brake Master Cylinder
DC2 Integra Type-R Brake Bias Valve

EXTERIOR
Clover Green Pearlescent Paint
Spoon Style Front Lip
Plastic Grills Removed From Bumper
EK9 Type-R Rear Lip
EK9 Type-R Grill
EK9 Type-R 2 Piece Spoiler with High Level Brake Light
Colour Coded
Custom EK9 Style Headlights, Painted Clover Green Inside
Smoked Side Repeaters
De-badged Tailgate & Shocker Stickers on Windows
Rear Wiper Removed
Honda "H" Badge Removed from Tailgate
Semi-Smoothed Tailgate
Import Sized Number Plates
Honda Jazz Washer Jets

INTERIOR
Safety21 7-Point Rollcage With Removable Doorbars Added, Powdercoated Gold
Recaro Seats, Black Alcantara with Red Stitching, Taken from DC2 Integra Type-R
Black Alcantara Rear Bench with Red Stitching, Taken from DC2 Integra Type-R
EK9 Red Floor Carpet
EK9 Leather Gear Gaitor with Red Stitching
EP3 Type-R Black Steering Wheel with Red Stitching
EK9 Speedo Dials
OMP 3-Point Harnesses
Retrimmed Doorcards in Red
Aluminium Dial Surround
Skunk2 Billet Gearknob

AUDIO
JVC KD-SHX751 EXAD Head Unit
Infinity 6x9’s
Pioneer 17cm Door Speakers

WHEELS & TYRES
16" Rota GT3's, Gold with Polished Lips
Goodyear Eagle F1 Tyres - 205/45/16
Gold Anodised Lightweight Wheel Nuts
Metal Valves

Teaser video of the car doing what it does - this is before mapping so its a bit pants

YouTube - B18 Turbo Clover Green EK Civic - Premap

Big thanks to the guys at Sounds of Silence for all the work on the car in the past months getting everything done - work rate has been astonishing and is top notch as always. Also to my good Uncle Wully at Williams Powdercoating for doing the rollcage for me in such a quick turnaround. Best powdercoaters going by far!!!

Some pics n stuff from shows and events since car came back on the road :)

_MG_8947.jpg

DSC_6989.jpg

_MG_9108.jpg

_MG_9137.jpg

_MG_9145.jpg

cruise-133.jpg

_MG_9499.jpg

09.jpg

cruise-130.jpg

sany0055p.jpg

fnm09065.jpg

cruise-239.jpg

sany0031n.jpg

this one by far is my favourite from the lot

086.jpg

another purchase :)

000_4642.jpg

what else been happenin.....

Took the car to extreme 6 weeks ago on the bassis they knew what they were doing with the engine, would set it up properly and know exactly what to do with it. PISH!!! car came back running shiter than it was, got fed alot of pish tbh from what i can see and what a day at another tuners has found.......but anyway, we'll leave it at that. The remap from extreme came back at 300 @ the fly, with a graph with more peaks and troughs(sp) that the ochil hills

A few days ago, myself and a mate took the car to AVA to get checked over and all going well a remap if things went ok

From checkin the previous map, it looked to be unmapped all together. Alan (tuiner at AVA, guy is a genius btw and knows waay too much) started messin about with the map on lowest possible boost setting (wastegate spring pressure) after getting all the ignnition timing sorted and alot of other bloopers etc etc. At 6k rpm, the car was making 12hp MORE at 0.5 bar than it was on Extremes map at 0.9 bar. This was when we went for lunch. I was quite happy with Alans findings and the result that were happening. We were getting somewhere :)

Final findings were, at lowest boost possible (wastegate spring pressure, boost controller turned off), the car made 335hp @ the wheels @ 9500rpm @ 0.7bar (approx 375 @ fly).

it was evident just by looking at both curves how much smoother the map was and how much better the car was running after Alan had played about with it.

The boost was then increased to try find the power, and the water system started to pressurise. Another leakage test found no.4 cylinder to be leaking. Possibility that the head studs may be stretched from when the gasket went pop previous time.

The remap day at AVA has been such a positive (even though the heads gotta come off) to know that the engine is doing what its built to do and can make the figures expected. It could have been alot worse, so even though theres still problems, im extremely happy with AVA's work on the car, the feedback i was receiveing from Alan, and the info/analysis as things were happening was spot on, everything explained very well. Guys brilliant, end of!!

Anyway, couple o wee pics from the remap session to share - some might like the red hotness off the manifold/screamer pipe (grips there to hold wastegate on as a bolt had fallen out and none there to fit and seal correctly)

22082009044.jpg

22082009048.jpg

22082009045.jpg

22082009047.jpg

22082009049.jpg

22082009046.jpg

So, head was off the car until the Monday morning, new head gasket fitted - also repainted my winters/track wheels and fitted some track tyres (yoko advan a048's)

few pics mid track prep

28082009062.jpg

28082009063.jpg

28082009064.jpg

28082009065.jpg

28082009066.jpg

modified the spare bumper i had and got car fully running again tog et it on track at K/hill, also fitted the Spoon calipers :)

01092009069.jpg

01092009070.jpg

01092009071.jpg

done a few laps, thing was ****in FLYIN. absolutely brilliant. Came out of hairpin, lit up 2nd as normal, went to change to 3rd and all power lost, car sounded terrible - nightmare

couple pics of it actually on the track - WOOHOO lol

_MG_0502.jpg

_MG_0497.jpg

Cruised into pits (luckily red flag was out), car died minute it lost momentum, looked in engine bay to see familir sights :(

01092009072.jpg

crower cams are officially ****in WANK!!!! Thats the 2nd set of these iv snapped now, ****in ragin.

So 3 fast laps then this, was on for a total of about 5 minutes. Excellent :(

Back to the drawing board lol.

Wow! Sorry to hear you broke your cams, that sucks!!! Maybe have the head checked to make sure its not out of round? Sometimes the head is what breaks the cam, i am not saying that is what happened to you but better safe than sorry. Good luck man.

Back