Please stop doing it guys

Gav-EK9

Super Moderator
Right guys its getting to the point now where there are more ek9's getting bloody broken than there are for sale as a whole :angry2:
Ok i know there might be a bit more money in the end stripping them for parts etc but money isnt everything !
We all joined this forum in the 1st place because we all share the love for this great car and it seams when people start to get bored of them they just pull them to bits and if im honest its kinda starting to piss me off.
All the moderators on here even discussed banning breaking of the cars on this forum as it goes against every reason why most of us are here and most the cars being broken are good clean cars with no reason to be broken except a few extra pounds in the owners pocket !
At the end of the day its your car and you can do with it as you please but i urge all of you to please try and keep more of these amazing cars on the roads and out of garages being stripped for parts :(

Thanks for your time guys and please share your opinions.

Gav/ek9.org

Gav,

Good post, there have been a lot of cars being broken which is a shame.

At the end of the day it comes down to money, and most heavily modified cars will never be worth as much as a whole than in parts. IMO this is something which should be taken into consideration.

If it were me I would return the car back to standard and sell it to someone to enjoy, rather than breaking it, and the shell ends up with someone with an ek9 replica project – takes the specialness away from them imo.

I must admit I do agree with you gav.

They are amazing cars and there are going to be more civics with type R parts than actual type R's. I do like getting some of the bits but it is getting ridicules now.

jokeshopbeard needs to be stopped,his car is amazingly clean and hes goina rip it to bits :( same as dc2's all the mint ones are being broke now and its so annoying because there's hardly no good examples left

i agree with you all and gav...

Its such a shame, people should not worry about money... we all buy car's knowing we are going to make a loss on them. fair enough i know i broke my ek4 but it was written off which is different alltogether, the people breaking fully working car's is horrible to see..

I don't get when people sell OEM parts to fit aftermarket parts... I keep all OEM parts that i remove so as dun said it can be bought back to standard and sold on..
in the time i've been a member of the forum i think there is at least 7 or 8 less EK9's, as they have been broken..

I just hope there is some left when i get the money to own one !!!!!!!!!!
TBh gav, breaking car's should be banned it should only be allowed if the shell has been involved in a crash. if the car is in fully working condition then i see no need at all, we all make a loss on car's thats a fact we all knew that way before we got into civic ek9's.

GREAT post Gav was waiting for something like this to pop up the cars being broken are immaculate I'm not on this forum as much now cos seeing the majority of cars being broken or sold makes me think am I wastin my money getting an ek9 are they as good as what everyone makes out? Just because I see so many being broke or sold if I had a heavily modified ar I props break it to be honest but as topher said would keep the oem parts to take it back to standard just my views

i agree on most parts, but for example, ijwhiteman list added up to 9300+ and they are all pretty low priced, i would find it hard for anyone who would be willing to pay 9k for a ek9. as that monsterunit ITB B18 EK9 took forever to sell for 6.5k .. all money guys, and with the downfall of the economy, it isnt helping.

its strange to think it only really applies to car's ... ever heard the phraise..

" The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. "

You'd think the logical way would be to say right IJ has £9000 worth of parts onto this car which is worth X amount as a shell so the car is worth £10,000 something..

but then a market is only dictated by buyers... hence why car's are not worth what they should be worth...
sorry to make it more depressing :angry:

i understand when people pour lot of money into aftermarket JDM parts that are worth together more than the car itself

but why dont they just sell the aftermarket parts and change the car back to stock rather than pulling every nut and bolt off and selling a bare shell

i can see past it if they have highly spec'd engine or nice engine conversions that make it alot more effort to source and fit a standard B16B

but why dont they just sell the aftermarket parts and change the car back to stock rather than pulling every nut and bolt off and selling a bare shell

this is what i was thinking as i would rather do this, but then again if more people keep breaking there ek9's, it leaves it that there gonna be a rare car which is better for the ones who have them for years to come as they might be worth more!?

I can defo agree with both side, you can get more for aftermarket parts on there own but you should keep OEM to take it back to standard so that you can get the most out of it and not ruin a great car and a rare car! let someone else enjoy a great OEM car :nice:

So so many being broken.....just a waste! :nono:

hear hear gav finally someone has brought it up its a joke the amount fo perfectly nice cars getting broke now for a little extra money.

if this were to happen on civic jordan forum there would be none left within a week haha

The problem is that it's not just a "little". We're not talking 200 quid here. Hell, I don't think any of the people breaking would do the trouble for only a few 100 quid.

Completly agree!
The cars are rare enough now, save the ek9!

I don't mind admitting i made over £2000 from my Ek4.. thats on top of the insurnace pay out which is was more than that again... making me double what i bought the car for..
fair enough the car's being broken are not getting insurance payout aswell, but as JT said there is quite alot more money to be made...

its the old fashioned lure of money that grabs people.. !!

most peoples money is tied up in a house or there car

you have to make the maximum return on your investment

just how this jazz works, unfortunetly it means less ek9's

Its sad. and ive always wondered what % of owners use credit cards and loans on their cars, that way i could see how costs could get prohibative..

Top thread
I hate seeing decent cars cars being pulled apart.
I have now saved 5 ek9's that were going to be broken due to spun bearings, a bit tatty or stripped for modds. Just tidy them, restore them and sell for a decent price.
For example:-
Mr I J could sell all mods for his £9000, spend £1500-£2000 on oem bits then sell car for £5500. That's £12,500 back in the bank and one more ek9 rescued. :bow:

So to sum up. YOU DONT NEED TO BREAK IT.

:rvm:

Back