Not Impressed!

robbieD

Donator
Donator
Got the car back from the MOT yeasterday and it was minging. So today went and gave it a quick wash and discovered this on the bonnet!

6809461f.jpg

I could not believe that there was a split in the paint, what makes this worse is that I only got it back a couple of weeks ago from paint. :angry:

Once I had calmed down a bit I had a good look at it and discovered there are 2 small dents just above the split and a matching pair on the otherside!

eca6ae12.jpg

It looks like some retard mechanic has been slamming the bonnet down with both hands, palm down. Wham!

I am off up there on Monday to have a chat about it but I've got a feeling its not gonna get me any where.

What do you guys think? And what are the odds of them not owning up to it and paying me back for the heafty bill they have now caused me?

Sad to hear, 90% that they won't own up to it, but hope you get it sorted dude

It's so frustrating because it is going to be hard work getting them to own up but it's also very obvious that it has been done by putting the bonnet down way too hard, my hand fits in the dents very nicely and there are no marks to suggest it was anything else.

Again I have no real proof either so the odds are against me unfortunately but we'll see.

This also happened to me when getting mine back from its MOT. Its so angering when it happens, I went back to the garage and argued the situation point blank. However there theory was "There is no proof, you could have done that when you left"...

I actually still need to get quoted on the repair as I still have not got round to fixing it..If I where you mate I would go back round and see what you can get from them. Just one of those tricky situations where evidence is concerned. Good luck man, keep us updated.

Thats not on! Its there fault an dont let them tell you otherwise! Argue your case! Hope you get it sorted!

I would go back even though it probs will be to late you have n proof unfortunately mate I always check my car after an MOT as I don't trust no one around my cars all the best though buddy and hope it gets sorted keep us posted :)

This is exactly why I'm so paranoid about leaving my car with anyone. It takes the piss how people have no respect :angry: hope you get it sorted mate. Name and shame that garage!!

I'm still amazed that this happens! Of all the things they should be able to do and they can't even shut the freaking bonnet properly! :nono:

It's going to be tough as the mechanic it goes to uses a separate garage for the MOT and my family have used the same guy for years so I'm pretty certain it's the naff MOT garage it went to that did the damage.

M.1: Sorry to hear that fella. I went to see my paint guy today to get a rough price and he quoted me £180 to get it fixed. Just thought you mite like an idea of what it might cost :nice:

I'll post up what happens on Monday. Will be interesting!

I would go back even though it probs will be to late you have n proof unfortunately mate I always check my car after an MOT as I don't trust no one around my cars all the best though buddy and hope it gets sorted keep us posted :)

It's bad but I did give it a quick look around but cause it was filthy I totally missed it and when I cleaned it earlier I didn't spot it till I was drying it off. The split is prob around 1-2 inches long so not massive but means the whole bonnet is totally fooked! :(

Think I mite take it to Honda next year.

sorry to hear about this dude but the only out come i can see is you having to repair the car yourself :(

fackin hell mate, like when you leave your car in a public car park to notice a 7 inch vertical dent with green paint when you come back

Damn, thats some damage of slamming the bonnet....if they don't take responsability I'd threaten to destroy their name in the whole jap-scene.

thats bloody shocking! espicially after you spent the money on re-sprey :0 as already said i doubt they're gnna admit it however still worth going in there and kicking up a stink make a bit of a scene specailly if theyres other customers in there!

sorry to hear that mate, hopefully you get some joy out of them. It is guttin though cause you just put your car in for an MOT and comes back with that, some of these people have no respect

fcukin idiots !

as said though man they'll probz just say you could of done it at the weekend or somethin, highly doubt they'll even be interested to be honest man :(

thats pretty nik nak!

I always wait and watch the MoT being done, and I go to a family run small businessm, have done for the past 3 years so they know me and my car now. ;)

hope you get it sorted mate. good luck.

Thanks for all your input guys.

Like I said before it will be difficult to find out who could of done it as I take it to a guy that me and my family have been using for years and it's his own business. However the MOT is done by his mate who works at a different garage.

But he is a good guy so I'll just have to explain what's happened and see what he thinks but again doesn't mean anyone will own up to it.

Yeah Matt it does take the piss! The fact I've not had it back five minutes makes it a hell of a lot worse!

that sucks mate,hate having to leave the car somewhere you cant see it and
thoughts like that go through your mind.

even if you did spot it before you took it away im sure it still would have been hard to prove as nobody wants to be hit wih the bill.

hope it aint too hard on your wallet :nice:

did you go to a well known garage, or a national chain etc?

Back