engine mount vibration...

aRc

Former EK9 owner!
i had my engine mounts changed in two stages over the past few weeks - due to other things being done too - but since having the rear mount installed, it has developed major vibration through the dash! it doesn't seem to like the 4,000 rpm mark and goes wild in vtec!

i was wondering if anything can be done to help with this or do i just hope they get more comfortable once they've 'bedded in' a little?!

any help would be appreciated!!

a few pics before they were fitted:

SNV37697.jpg

SNV37698.jpg

SNV37699.jpg

SNV37700.jpg

i found a few other topics on mounts by searching but maybe should have read this one about stiffness, which is pretty useful:

http://www.ek9.org/forum/engine/12248-best-engine-mounts-ek9.html

Stiffer engine mounts will do that. My dash vibrates alot with the Innovative mounts.

i also have innovative the dash vibrate like f..k you will get use to it.

Wich stiffness do u have?

I have 75A with the B20Vtec in my EK and it also vibrates as hell.
Also the rearviewmirror and sidemirrors vibrate like crazy

i have spoon mounts essentially the same and have none of your problems, my guessing is all the bolts need cracking off to let the engine settle as the mounts are probably pretensioned and more of the forces are going through one than the other, pm me etc if you need any advice,,

Stiffer engine mounts will do that. My dash vibrates alot with the Innovative mounts.

thanks guys, at least i'm not the only one who suffers this! :)

i think i am gradually getting used to it now but it is worryingly loud at first! :)

Lol who would care - those mounts are feckin mint lol

haha! they do look good but certainly let you know about it with all the noise they produce! :)

Wich stiffness do u have?

I have 75A with the B20Vtec in my EK and it also vibrates as hell.
Also the rearviewmirror and sidemirrors vibrate like crazy

if this is aimed at the Mugen mounts, i don't know what stiffness they are! your car sounds mental, if everything shakes like that though!! :nice:

i have spoon mounts essentially the same and have none of your problems, my guessing is all the bolts need cracking off to let the engine settle as the mounts are probably pretensioned and more of the forces are going through one than the other, pm me etc if you need any advice,,

ok mate, i'll send you a pm as the whole "all the bolts need cracking off" sounds a little worrying to me! haha :)

basically you just need to loosen teh bolts that go through teh centres of teh mounts rock teh engine about a bit and tehn retighten them all so teh engine sits natuarlly, its quite easy to end up with one taking more load than teh others if you replace them one at a time,,

nice advice olly !

I'll defo remember this thread when ever i have this issue !

Back