j's racing intake problem

aRc

Former EK9 owner!
hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone could help, suggest or help me source a new support bracket for my CAI.

the intake is currently being held in place with cable ties as the attached photos:

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

i found this thread on the matter - http://www.ek9.org/forum/air-intake-exhaust/4723-js-racing-intake-help.html - and the funny thing is that this thread was started by a previous owner of my car!

i often find the intake away from the throttle body but reading this thread, it sounds like the L-shaped bracket is now missing!

can anyone suggest a solution? if not, i'll have to try and source a bracket or buy an alternative intake!

thanks in advance.

you tried tegiwa ? they might be able to help you out :nice: or get your DIY gloves on :D

same problem as me as mine has snapped
ive pm'd tegiwa about gettin one for me several times over the last month or two and still waiting
you could give them a try aswell

you tried tegiwa ? they might be able to help you out :nice: or get your DIY gloves on :D
good idea with Tegiwa mate, i hadn't thought of them but took your advice in the end and got a fabricator to help me out as the following photos show:

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

i'm lucky as i know the people real well but they did the following sketch in case anyone else needs one!

IMG_0400.jpg

same problem as me as mine has snapped
ive pm'd tegiwa about gettin one for me several times over the last month or two and still waiting you could give them a try aswell
they are a little flimsy mate! it's a shame really as they are good otherwise. i hope you get something sorted soon but if not let me know.
i'll let you know how this bracket holds out too, going out for a drive with it shortly but the jubilee clip is also around the bracket so it all seems pretty solid!

thanks for the comments guys :nice:

That is a bit extreme, no need for such a thick bracket.

Surely better to over-engineer something so itll never give you problems id have thought??

after a week of riding round with the newly installed bracket, it's all holding up fine as the below pics:

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

That is a bit extreme, no need for such a thick bracket.

very true! it has been formed using pretty thick bar but didn't weight too much and is keeping everything where it should be so although a bit extreme, it is doing it's sole purpose!

Surely better to over-engineer something so itll never give you problems id have thought??

again, very true! i'm just happy that it's no longer away from the throttle body when i lift my bonnet! :)

The bracket above has the right idea as the heaviest part of the whole intake is the filter, I do some fabrication so I'd use something like this http://www.supplierlist.com/photo_images/124292/Stainless_Steel_Tube_Clamp.jpg in place of the jubilee clip and fix it to a bit of s/s flat bar. pity your not over here dude or I could be more of a help.

your solution would be pretty much perfect as it'd do everything in one!

i got to see a tegiwa intake the other day in the flesh and their bracketry did look pretty good so that's definitely an option for anyone else! :)

ive asked them for one and been pestering them for a fair while now but they are always busy....

ive asked them for one and been pestering them for a fair while now but they are always busy....

ok mate, i'd keep pestering them as their bracket did look good on the one i was looking at :) good luck :nice:

Back