first proper build! ;) ek4

kenbert

ek4 spoon
So this is my first proper build had a few ej9's bt this is my first ek4! Second I drove it I fell in love wif the burst of the vtec! Hooked for life now! Lol bt anyway I'm gona keep updating this bit by bit.. Started tonite striping the car dwn for the respray.. Have a mate who's a body man so favor for a favor kinda thing he's helpin me.. So startin mould the bump strips on the bumper to.. Was goin to do it up as an ek9 rep bt dnt see the point in tryin to make it something its nt.. Soo gona do it up SiR/spoon just too be a bit different.. I'll keep posted and all comments appreciated! :) thankss..

this is what the car looked like when i bought it..

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzAyLVdBMDAwLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzAyLVdBMDAxLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzAyLVdBMDA0LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzAyLVdBMDAzLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNjEzLTAwMjMzLmpwZw.jpg

started stripping it..

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNjE4LTAwMjQzLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNjE4LTAwMjQxLmpwZw.jpg

Last edited:
So bumpers fibreglassed n started rubbin then down ready for a skim of isapon.. Soo far so good havnt ran into any problems, also started strippin engine bay dwn abit, I've about 60 bags wif screws n bolts iv removed from the car, all labeled! Just to be safe! Lol

frontbumperfibreglassed.jpg

backbumperfibreglassed.jpg

Last edited:
Good to see your getting stuck in man! Need to get a good bit undersealin done too.

You should get and SiR lip and grill and leave the front end like this!

picture.php

Lol yeah dats the lip I'm goin for mate, no point in goin ek9 when its nt.. Its being sprayed white and thinkin c/f spoon spoiler, c/f spoon mirrors, that splitter, coilovers, polished slipstreams, then a few nice wee engine mods! Bt this is only the start of the project cud end up completely different wen im finished! Lol bt well see what happens! Defo enjoyin doing it atm anyway.. Lol :)

Bumpers fibreglassed, rubbed, isapon,rubbed, just a final skim n final rub then ready for painting.. Started fillin in wee stupid car park dents too n a wee dent on boot door too.. Gettin there slowly but surely! :)

frontbumperisaponed.jpg

backbumperisaponed.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNjIwLTAwMjU4LmpwZw-1.jpg

Last edited:
Lol no fear ryan kidd! ;) lol how's ur 14 no power goin? Lol jk wats every1 fink of doin the engine bay purple cars been done white.. Let me no if I'm goin over my head! Lol

Just messing about.. Fink it looks well but.. Lol

enginebaystrippedandpainted.jpg

Last edited:
Picked myself up a tidy wee bargin today! :) 5zigen proracer 4/2/1

4branch.jpg

jasma.jpg

Last edited:
Bit of sandpaper, and a tin of halfords heat proof paint.. Quick clean up...

rockercoverpainted.jpg

Last edited:
lol it will all come in good time lad! at the start i wasnt sure what to do or even what i wanted to do, bt now ive started im gettin idea after idea! but its all £££ so itl take time but stay tuned! :)

Soo had few hours spare in work today soo decided too try and separate my headlights and spray the insides black.. heres how it went..

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA1LTAwMjgzLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA1LTAwMjg0LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA1LTAwMjg1LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA1LTAwMjg2LmpwZw-1.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA1LTAwMjg5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA1LTAwMjkxLmpwZw.jpg

this was the hardest part trying too get all the factory glue out! i would advice sharp plain screwdriver and a good heat gun! ;)

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA1LTAwMjk0LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNzA1LTAwMjkyLmpwZw.jpg

lol havent tryed it out yet gav, need a new radiator! :( lol guessing your speaking from experience thou! ;)

Good to see you starting the project take your time lad and do it right...btw it's Chrissy who you bought the car off...lol

Back