My Milano Red EK4 Project

VTEC-334

Well after years of waiting i finally got my first Honda. :win:
Picked her up this morning it is defiantly need some work but its worth saving.

20120121_151140.jpg

Its a pre-facelift EK4 VTI with 105,135 miles on the clock. The car is a cat c write off with some damage to the back, lucky its not to bad the boot floor has been kinked a little but me and my dad should be able to press it out, Also needs a new boot, spoiler and rear bumper.

20120121_150158.jpg

20120121_150217.jpg

Still not sure on the paint work has got a lot of over spray on it from where its been kept in the body shop so i try and polish it off tomorrow and see how it turns out, although their are some small dents and some rust on the bonnet so with the other parts i need might just get it resprayed.

20120121_150136.jpg

Luckly that's all that's the wrong really the interior is in really good condition no rips and all original.

20120121_150250.jpg

20120121_150335.jpg

Same with the engine besides the fact its covered in filler dust its fine stared first time with no hesitation, No smoke, No gear crunches, Oil is a nice colour and had the cambelt done 3000 miles ago.

20120121_150427.jpg

20120121_150458.jpg

So hopefully a good base to build on to turn into my daily driver/ track car :))

20120121_150233.jpg

Cheers for reading guys and i try keep this up to date.
Thanks Tom.

Last edited:
Nice to see u bringing this back from the dead lol

Ye as is said i wanted a Honda for ages this came up cheap and i think it would be a shame just to see it rot and be turned into scrap, and to be honest i think its better doing a project like this makes the car feel abit more personal.

love these kind of projects ;) good luck

Dean

Good luck with it mate good to see things like this!

Ive seen cars worse than this that have turned out well so no doubt this one can be saved, im sure it will take some hard work but will be worth it :) Best of luck with it and keep us posted!

Thanks for the messages guys, Definitively needs some TLC but im going to try my best to get it back to its former glory so i keep you guys posted :nice:

UPDATE

Well done a little bit of body work on the car this weekend. Just got the polisher out and started to get some of the over spray off and amazingly it did a good job of it.

20120127_165828.jpg

20120127_161945.jpg

Unfortunately the paint work still needs alot of work there are lots of small dents and scratches all over.
I then brought a boot off ebay with the seller saying its was very in very good condition only to find once i had mock fitted it to my car the boot was bent :angry:

20120127_183741.jpg

20120127_183749.jpg

So after this problem and with the bodywork condition i decided im going with a color change so spoke to dflintb18cek and put a deposit down on his lambo green bonnet, boot, wings, front bumper+lip, doors and mirrors which i pick up next week :woot:

I've decided im going to carbon wrap the roof (mainly because i got loads of carbon wrap at home)
So all that will need to be painted is the rear quarters (which need to be repaired anyway)the rear bumper and lip when i brought them and the engine bay and door shuts. So until i've got the money to do that then the car is going to be abit multi-colored but hey it will be unique :p

Cheers for reading more updates next week when i got the bits off dflintb18cek

I'm sure I seen this advertised on piston heads. I'm gutted because I was thinking about going to see it lol very good base for a project though

I love these projects as well

Always great to see cars being saved and restored

Wish I had the space to fix ones up

I'm sure I seen this advertised on piston heads. I'm gutted because I was thinking about going to see it lol very good base for a project though

Ye was the car on piston heads and that's a gutter. It is a good base really the engine and interior are good just the bodywork that and the damaged boot floor that let it down but that's nothing that cant be fixed.

I love these projects as well

Always great to see cars being saved and restored

Wish I had the space to fix ones up

Ye as i said its a nice base and would be a shame to just see it get scraped or left to rot, I like these projects too think it makes the car abit more personal to you, Just annoying that you cant get straight in and drive it but hay keeps you motivated and gives you a reason to go to work :p

Lambo green is mental. Going to follow to see what it looks like in real life. Ive put lambo green paint on my civic in gran turismo 5 for the fun. looks good.

How come your bonnet got writing all over it.

it's getting back a life!!

Yep slowly but surely :D

Lambo green is mental. Going to follow to see what it looks like in real life. Ive put lambo green paint on my civic in gran turismo 5 for the fun. looks good.

How come your bonnet got writing all over it.

Its a nice colour the older style lime green rather the bright green. Heres the link to the bodywork im picking up from dflintb18cek next weekend http://www.ek9.org/forum/cars-breaking/39526-breaking-my-ek-everything.html.
So when the car has been put through the vic test i put those panels back on. Carbon wrap the roof and when ive saved the money i get the rear quarter, rear bumper, door shuts and the engine bay sprayed the same colour so it all matches but that wont be for a few months so it will be abit multi-coloured for awhile.

The writing is because its a CAT-C write off so probably the insurance company has done it.

Its a nice colour the older style lime green rather the bright green. Heres the link to the bodywork im picking up from dflintb18cek next weekend http://www.ek9.org/forum/cars-breaking/39526-breaking-my-ek-everything.html.
So when the car has been put through the vic test i put those panels back on. Carbon wrap the roof and when ive saved the money i get the rear quarter, rear bumper, door shuts and the engine bay sprayed the same colour so it all matches but that wont be for a few months so it will be abit multi-coloured for awhile.

The writing is because its a CAT-C write off so probably the insurance company has done it.

Looks good. i think the old green lambo paint was called 'verde countash'. there are also few others that i have forgotten th name to.
Well hopefully i will see this at a meet. You coming south mimms

Looks good. i think the old green lambo paint was called 'verde countash'. there are also few others that i have forgotten th name to.
Well hopefully i will see this at a meet. You coming south mimms

Think that might be the name there are quite a few so i take it to a paint place to get the code matched.

Hopefully i will the car should be back on the road by then, I wont have the rear bumper, Rear quarter, top of the doors or the engine bay painted green though and the engine will be stock still but ye i still go hopefully. :nice:

Think that might be the name there are quite a few so i take it to a paint place to get the code matched.

Hopefully i will the car should be back on the road by then, I wont have the rear bumper, Rear quarter, top of the doors or the engine bay painted green though and the engine will be stock still but ye i still go hopefully. :nice:

Kool. If i dont get a lift there then im going n my bmx lol.

Haha fair play, Well i let you know if i go maybe able to pick you up.

Back