EK4 Track Car

Mallyauto86

Hey guys, kind of new here been lurking for a while but finally decided to post some pics of my EK4 ...

Originaly baught the car for normal use but as an ocasional track car but seen as i've picked up a good old vauxhall astra for bugger all well i'm going to be setting it for full track day purposes...

anyway here's the spec list of it so far ...

: air-con removed
: Magnecor red plug leads
: AEM long arm intake
: Energy suspension ploy engine mount inserts
: Integra Type R valvetrain
: Integra Type R cams
: Heat proof red rocker cover
:CTR Pistons ? dont know for sure about this some of the engine was done by the previous owner

SUSPENSION
: D2 coilovers height/damping adjustable
: D2 front adjustable camber arms
: D2 rear adjustable camber arms
: Aftermarket alloy rear lower arms ( megan racing )

WHEELS/TYRES
: Team Dynamics Pro Motorsport 1.2 Gloss Black 16"
: Toyo proxe 4s 205/45/16 Tyres
: light weight D1 Spec wheel nuts

EXHAUST SYSTEM
: Hytech tri-y exhaust manifold + de-cat
: Spoon b-pipe
: Spoon n1 back box

INTERIOR
: Corbeau Targa seats (Red)
: Genuine spoon gear knob
: Short shifter
: Carpet removed (Red interior floor mats)
: Floor sound proofing removed
: Sunroof frame/motor/mechanism removed, headlining remains
: Retrimed red door cards
: Rear seats removed.

EXTERIOR
: Mugen front Lip
: Ek9 civic type-r style rear lip
: Ek9 civic type-r style grill
: Mugen Style Front Lip
: Black bonnet
: EK9 Style Headlights

GEARBOX
: EK9 civic type-r LSD gearbox
: Short Shift

the plans i've got is this :

Full Roll Cage
Toyo R888 tyres
Brembo 4 Pot Front Brakes ( got these just need custom mounts to fit )
Better Coilovers at some stage d2 are good but not the best
Cams + Valvetrain i really do not have a clue about this ... want about 250bhp from it maybe some of you can help me on this ...
B18C6 bottom end for torque
ITB's
S300 ECU or somthing like that ...
couple of strut braces
orderd a Carbon EK9 Spoiler aswell ...

anyway pics time ...

Last edited:
sweet man, like your plans for it, however 250HP from the original B16A2 is gonna be an awful lot of money to get there...

certainly got the aggresive track look going on though with your bonnet pins and ur black wheels and matching bonnet.

:) i think it looks ace ... i would not have said that about the sytling for a road car, but as a track car.. SPOT ON!!
keep us updated on your build mate.

Ye as topher-ek4 says styling looks mint for a track car good plans :)

well for the engine i was thinking of a b18c6 bottom end with an ITR intake or skunk2 inlet mani ... then some nice toda Vtec killer cams or somthing along those lines ... car's been dyno'd at 187bhp at the front wheels at the moment ... wich i'm verry happy with to be honest ... i presume the A2 bottom end has CTR internals though untill i strip the engine i have not got the foggiest ...

anyway... looks wise thanks for the comments ... i have got some plans for it though to tidy it up...

The bonnet shall go carbon just to save some weight along with the bootlid so it will match the carbon spoiler that i've orderd.

also i hear they make carbon roof pannels for ek's maybe one of them too once i get the roll cage in.

Brakes are number 1 at the moment though need to get them sorted just waiting to get my 300mm discs sorted ... and need to ged rid of a stupid knocking noise on the front steering rack i presume its somthing easy as the outer track rod ends have no play in them what so ever just hope my rack isnt knackerd lol.

here are those brembo brakes ive got they need some new paint but should look cool when done ... just thinking wether i should paint them blue ?

and a few other pics

very nice mate love the carbon bonnet ;) a set of yellow square fogs on the front would look even better

had her first track day with me yesterday flippin awsome apart from the wheels comming loose ... the stock brakes are needless to say rubish i'm toying with the idea of buying some spoon calipers to be honest....

im going to redo the front bumper smooth off those things for the numberplate and relocate it.

Also plan on painting the bumpstrips silver aswell.

think im leaving the lips Black though, mite think about doing them gloss black with the bonnet though.

thanks for the comments

If this engine showed 187bhp on ITR cams I would say that the bottom end is stock, cause we have in poland couple of setups with ITR+PCT on b16s and something about 200bhp is a standard.

Ofcourse overall - very nice build :)

Last edited:
Well i've decided to go for the following spec for now basicly my aim is to build a low budget touring car style car, apart from gearbox and engine the rest i'm trying to bide by the rules.

So :

Full Seam welded Chassis ( even where the windows are mounted the chassis is getting seam welded )

Front 300mm 4 Piston Brembo Brakes off a 406 coupe

Saftey Devices Roll cage

Carbon Bonnet or Fiber Glass if i can find one

Same For Boot

New Bushes and Ball Joints all Round

New engine Mounts

New baffled Sump

B18c6 Bottom End With stage 2 cams

and loads of other stuff

This weekend going to strip the car down and get rid of the rust for startes and refurb the suspension parts then will seam weld the chassis, the roll cage will be fitted at a later date due to budget lol

Looks good, Dont paint the bumpstrips i wish i never did, Id paint the lips and sideskirts but leave everything else.

Check my build to see how mine looks. im sure ive seen this at Combe before?

mite have mate with a different owner though, it had a roll cage before i know that for a fact, and probs other mods too.

Back