Dales B18'd EK9 Build

Dale10ellis10

Track E46 M3 / E46 touring / 1 series /
Well here I am I have finally moved to the dark side and got myself a civic.

I managed to get a decent deal with a part x with my Glanza V Hybrid:

101_0336.jpg

101_0334.jpg

101_0333.jpg

101_0335.jpg

It had a huge spec but i wont go there :)

The new 9:

100_0551.jpg

100_0552.jpg

100_0553.jpg

100_0556.jpg

100_0558.jpg

100_0560.jpg

To be honest I'm over the moon with it! Never thought id own an EK9

Spec as follows:

Engine:

B18 Stroked Bottom End
B16b Head
M Factory Carbon Intake
98 Spec Manifold
Adjustable De-cat Pipe
Spoon Reservoir Sweat bands
Sc4 Gearbox
Mugen LSD
Fidanza Lightend Flywheel
A/c Removed

Chassis:

Bilstein shocks
Eibach Springs
Integra Alloys - Kumho sports all round

Interior:

Recaro Spg Stlye Carbon Framed Drivers Bucket Seat
Alpine Ipod Controller Head-unit

Unfortunatly it comes with a few minor problems which I intend to sort out and keep this thread updated.. The gearbox has a rather large whine when in gear.. possibly the input shaft bearing ? common fault anyone? the actual gear selection in spot on.

Front and rear bumpers have a few minor marks which I will be having resprayed in time.

Other than that its a fantastic car, It is kept in a garage all day and night when not in use as its going to be just a weekend car so i hope to keep it in great condition.

Any Comments Welcome

Cheers Dale.

black wheels really set off this car,stunning..
agreed about the glanza,looks like a weapon:naughty:

are the lights off a standard civic?

Looks really nice man. How you finding it in comparison to the glanza?
I used to have an ep82 twin head lamp.... and as much as I love my 9...I still miss boost:secret:

Cheers :).. Well it's much more solid than the Glanza and feels alot more of a drivers car .. I never managed to get my greddy ecu fitted to the Glanza so never turned the boost past 0.7 bar since the rebuid .. So the civic is definatly the quicker one. But yeah no doubt I'll miss boost and the lovely noises the turbo used to make :D

Muiris: they're just standard prefacelift ek9 lights I think?

Dale.

Ah you's are right! .. It's never had a front end crash or anything either, had it fully checked over. I'll have to ask the seller, are they worth good money because I'm thinking maybe he sold them and replaced with standard ones to get some more money when he sold it as I knocked him down quite a bit on price.

Dale.

2 mint lookin cars , also went from an ep82 to an ek9 . totally different ball game , do miss the starlet though and cheap parts!

Thanks alot mate... I know im gonna miss the starlet, but just got to keep thinking ive got this sat in the garage for sunny days and weekends :D

Dale.

Well turns out they are EK9 headlights after all, they have 'stanley' printed on them and they have the little extra plug thing at the back, turns out the car was imported from japan like this no idea why but at least I have an answer now.

Dale.

EK9 Headlights have a dark tinted chrome bit instead of pure chrome:

Light_Complete_02.jpg

I know that but if they were not ek9 headlights then they wouldn't have Stanley printed on them or have the extra port on the back, I understand they don't have black inserts I just don't know why.

Dale.

Well the gearbox is now fixed after being fully rebuilt with new bearings ect.. Which is good :)

Also changed the centre caps from green to red which suits better.

Sourced a new drivers recaro seat and sold the fixed bucket.

Fitted some 8000k hid headlights

And finally ordered a Spoon N1 from funkypower :D

Pictures to follow soon

Dale.

Back