backyard special intake?

Tmus

Guys,

can't find anything on the internet about this.

I was looking at intakes and I just think Mugen(best avaiable?) is too much.

http://www.ek9.org/forum/japanese-t...a-ek9-civic-type-r-catalogue-information.html

saw backyard Special one and realise it goes through the hole, where the original air inlet comes up, and the cone filter is just there.

Just thinking this is a very good setup, away front engine bay, not much longer than OEM pipe and sucks in air where the Mugen would anyway?

thinking of DIY one

anyone have any experience?

thanks RVM.

yes it is like AEM, but i think it is more direct?

do you think it would be better than using OEM filter and direct airflow pipe with removed resonator?

i think this won't better OEM, but will give more sound.

hmm, if you want MUGEN. You should try finding a DC2 ITR oem intake.

Many people don't notice that it's exactly the same except the ITR has a noise baffle. This baffle just acts as a silencer. I've connected the separation inside the baffle so now it just flows straight through and sounds like orchestra. Stock ITR also has velocity stack at the tip of the hose.

The sound is like the V6 throughty growl you find in a stock NSX... I really love the sound. Adding an aftermarket replacement filter like SPOON drop-in filter will further enhance flow and sound, which is what I'm waiting for :D

I've a dc2 itr airbox and hose with a spoon drop in on my ek9 and to be honest I think the j's in better bottom end. Although I have no cold air feed for either intake. Any pics of yours jugz?

I've a dc2 itr airbox and hose with a spoon drop in on my ek9 and to be honest I think the j's in better bottom end. Although I have no cold air feed for either intake. Any pics of yours jugz?

You mean my DC2 or EK9? I have many pics of my J's on the sticky intake thread. Normally, the ITR intake pipes dig under and up behind the fenders, this area the air is already cool.

J's has very nice lower end and mid range for sure, all you need is cold air for the top end.

Anyone with an ITR would know that the MUGEN intake is exactly the same design as stock ITR. So if you've got a DC2 and change it to a MUGEN, your probally getting 1hp for what you've paid.

Back