I just realized i forgot to post this, which is the overhaul pt 1. which obviously came before the last two posts. the order is wrong. but that doesn't matter:
Wow, almost 10 months since i got the parts and planned to do the overhaul
, but for various reasons i had to postpone it to this winter. Luckily stars aligned and i got the first part done.
well ok, the first part was already done a few weeks ago
but that was really minor.
This time i brought the EK9 to the workshop and dropped it of for some work, which included:
- Adjust the suspension by +5mm to be approved by the MOT (seems it came down since the original setting was made)
- Replace the timing belt. Picture shows the japanese replacement milage sticker which came with the belt:
- Upgrade the brake pads all around with Endless Y-sports. They're like upgraded OEM Pads for less fade but still very streetable. So far i love them!
The original pads where still good but i thought i kind of like to preserve them and have something upgraded at the same time.
- Replace all ruber bushings with SPoon sports PU Bushings (also required to pass MOT, since on bushing was cracked). It's not as hard as expected and the driving feeling is superior so far. Now you're even more connected to the car for that extra-bit of go-kart feeling. it's incredible fun to go up some curvy roads
- I also asked them to clean the engine bay a bit with the steam cleaner. seems i need to paint my spoon resonator pipe again. well
- And then there was this annoying "singing" rattle noise that was terrible by any means. It made the car sound like a crappy rice-box tuned car with some ebay parts, but with my several attempts over the years i failed to find the problem. I kindly asked my honda dealer to have a look. and well. they found this as the root cause for all rattling. i don't know where they found it but well. the rattle is gone...
Oh and this also happened
You might remember when a young nice dude named Kay gifted me a custom Eibach EG6 Honda Hothweels model at the recent Cagedude anniversary party?
Since he owns an EK-civic himself, he told me he wanted to build my EK9 as a custom hothweels - just for fun. Who am i to say no? A few weeks later i get a message with these photos:
And today i got an unexpectedly full Diorama in the mailbox.
Excellent replica of my EK9 with the Advan wheels, Advan Flag red toolbox, and even the red GP-sports tow-strap which i have on my car.
Here it is with the Eibach Drag EG6, which i got from him last time:
And here it is in front of the real car. I'm in love! Thank you so much, Kay. love the work and you will get something from me in return for sure!
Make sure to follow him on: