My 98 spec DC2 Project!!

Ek9185

Well, i picked this up a couple a months back now after a lot of hard looking i finally found a nice clean one for myself, It is a 98 spec Integra DC2, Lightweight model, which are hard come by lately!

This is the car when i first bought it,
IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

e111bcf1.jpg

It wasn't bad but there was room for improvement, first i set about talking off the stickers on the bumper. Then off came the 98 spec steering wheel, which was replaced by a momo one:)
f01132c5.jpg

Next to go on were the coloured wheel nuts and the carbon intake slug along with some Mugen socks
8d84d588.jpg

1f8dceed.jpg

1511bf23.jpg

My next mod was only small, some clear side indicators as i hated the amber ones.. And here are a few snaps i took a few weeks ago then after that work was complete!!
6a978d08.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

b17969b3.jpg

In the last 3 weeks gone i have since fitted a decat, and a Mugen Twin Loop Cat Back Exhaust, and a spoon rear strut. But have no pics of these just yet..
Just last week i also gave the car a full remap on a new ECU, Which includes an anti theft feature, delimits the speedo, increases RPM limit, maps the car itself and also includes launch control!! Getting it dyno'd now in the next two weeks so can't wait for them figures!! Have lots more in mind, will get up pics under the car of the exhaust, etc in time hope.. Watch this space!

As it stands Now this is the current spec;
Interior
Recaro interior
genuine teg r mats
momo steering wheel
kenwood double din head unit

Exterior / Performance
15'' Rota Slipstream Rims,
Carbon slug intake
mugen reservoir socks
iridium plugs,
98 spec manifold
decat
Mugen Twin loop cat back,
Juran Thermostat,
Exedy Racing clutch
12000k HID's
Neptune ECU

Suspension
Lowered 40mm on eibach springs,
Standard DC2 Lower Strut
Spoon Upper stut brace.

Let me know what ye think good and bad guys!!:)

Last edited:
This is one mint teg! Very nice example man looks so clean! I only got that momo tuner steering wheel last week myself! :p

This is one mint teg! Very nice example man looks so clean! I only got that momo tuner steering wheel last week myself! :p

Cheers thanks, as i said done a lot of hard looking to find one this clean, lot of hangers out there!! Steering wheel is good job also as i was never a big fan of the standard ones!!

Cheers thanks, as i said done a lot of hard looking to find one this clean, lot of hangers out there!! Steering wheel is good job also as i was never a big fan of the standard ones!!

It really is a clean one bud! As you say lots of heeps out there you did well! Best of luck with her keep us posted! :))

looks like a real nice mint example mate :) only thing i would change would be the steeing wheel

It really is a clean one bud! As you say lots of heeps out there you did well! Best of luck with her keep us posted! :))

will do, i am only getting started on her:secret:

looks like a real nice mint example mate :) only thing i would change would be the steeing wheel

Cheers for that jordan, well the steering wheel is def staying on unless i find a nicer racing one as i cant stand the standard wheel!! Too plain for my liking!:nice:

nice teg there mate and launch control too :drool: make sure to throw the dyno results :nice:

nice teg there mate and launch control too :drool: make sure to throw the dyno results :nice:

Yeah, its serious job alright.. Will do though, hoping to get that done saturday week so ya, the fella that maps it thinks its over 190 anyways so as long as thats right i'll be happy as they all lose the horsies as the years go by!!

Really nice. Although is having cotton things under the engine a bit of a fore hazard?

some big updates to be made on this thread, forgot i had one! A lot of work has been done since;)

Thats a mint teg you got there :D .

Should get a vid up of the launch control... it sounds brutal :p

Time for an update on this, since i have last updated i have scrapped the standard spoiler and front splitter, and opted for a carbon look, with carbon spoiler and carbon mugen lip
ceae01fa.jpg

e4b429c9.jpg

84cc18bf.jpg

299a0739.jpg

Next was to heat wrap the manifold and give the rocker cover a clean!
012f2c9e.jpg

c835df93.jpg

also took off the exhaust that was on it which was just a welded on back box, it was replaced with a Mugen Twin loop cat back and also new decat fitted..
03341974.jpg

Some lightweight wheel nuts also added to bling up the wheels
27062408.jpg

This is how it stood after all them mods....
a048a44e.jpg

6fdf1d9a.jpg

Next on the cards was a trip to Aonghus, (VTEC 6000) to get the car mapped which i am delighted with, some difference.. Will put that update up soon! Sneak peak on the dyno;
IMG_1184.jpg

Comments welcome!

Back