Time for some new tyres

lewisek4

Lewis
I think it's time to get some new tyres as mine are nearly down to the canvas which I discovered today, spotted a set of 4 toyo proxes for £138 (linked at end of my write up). Anyone got a good set of tyres they can recommend for me? I noticed toyos are not the best in rain. Very slippery but awesome in dry weather. So what do you recommend I go for? Thanks Lewis

4x Toyos £138 - http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=360984018515

T1r's are utter rubbish IMO, what's your budget and what is the car and it's use?track or just road miles

T1r's are utter rubbish IMO, what's your budget and what is the car and it's use?track or just road miles

Yh I had them before very unpredictable. I'm willing to spend around £200. They are for my civic EK. Just for daily road use & the slight blast down B Roads ;)

I'll have a 2nd hand set of 595rsr for sale soon. Fair amount of tread left on them aswell.

Parada Spec 2 are very good on a warm summer's day but ridiculously dangerous in the wet, no grip at all. I would never recommend them for English weather :p

Parada Spec 2 are very good on a warm summer's day but ridiculously dangerous in the wet, no grip at all. I would never recommend them for English weather :p

Sound like toyos haha! Don't have a clue what to go for! Both paradas & toyos are bad in wet :( I need something good in both

Go for something awesome in the dry and make up for all the boring wet driving you have to do then! Your not going to be able to get the most out of your car in the wet no matter how good your tires. That's my approach to it anyway.

T1R's are not worth the money. I'm now driving on Hankook Ventus V12 tyres, and they are very good for the money.

T1R's are not worth the money. I'm now driving on Hankook Ventus V12 tyres, and they are very good for the money.

+1 currently runing the hankook ventus and i have amazing dry and wet weather traction and great on the bank too.

The hankooks get my vote. Better than the budget toyo's for sure.

I have r1r for track duties
Fast tread wear but good dry/wet grip

Potenza RE002's Around £190 on ebay. Best budget tyre around if you dont have the cash for semi track tyres.

Potenza RE002's are great daily tyres, dry and wet but I wouldn't put them on track again

Back