16x7 +43 or +50?

ImmortalOne

Hello all,

I'd like to know what offset works and looks best for 16x7" on the EK9, +43 or +50?

I have an EJ6 that I'm going to be doing an EK9 5-lug conversion to this Spring. I'm going to be running 16x7 Mugen MF10s... they only come in the two offsets.
My car is a daily driver (driven aggressively) and lowered. I plan on running 205/45/16 tires as well.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have searched extensively on this site and online and have yet to see any conclusive recommendations.

TIA,
Jason

both offsets will fit on you 9 even without a camber kit, i have volkS CE28N 16x7j offset 43 on mine and it drives smoothly with no rubbing...it's lowered as well...both camber kits on fr and rear. you might have to raise it just a lil bit tho.

You will have no issues with rubbing in the +43 offset and as Ku said it will sit better with them so it's a no brainer IMO. OEM '98 spec DC2 wheels are 16x7 +50 aswell as far as I'm aware.

Out of interest, are you buying new?

^^ dont think he will be able to get them new any more, if he does find a bnib set it will most likely be +43 since that was the size that king motorsports commissioned a few years back

i would go with +43 as well as they clear spoon callipers and sit a bit nicer, however there is not that much difference between the two

if they will rub or not depends on the tire/tire size and how low your car is

Thanks for the responses so far everyone, much appreciated.

Kipper... No I won't be buying these new... though I probably would if I could find a set. They've been discontinued for years now (even the re-release) and as far as I've found no one has them.
I'm considering a freshly refurbished set of +43 in silver at the moment. They'd look good on my VSM. I'm also thinking of finding a set that needs repainted or even refurbished though and making a set of Mirror Face out of them.

I do anticipate having to raise my ride height a bit... I'm sitting rather low currently.

I will use this thread since I am also looking for a new set of wheels. Would be 16x7 +40 Rota slips also ok for an EK with lowered springs and standard geometry setting? I guess yes when +40 is OK?

Thanks a lot!

I will use this thread since I am also looking for a new set of wheels. Would be 16x7 +40 Rota slips also ok for an EK with lowered springs and standard geometry setting? I guess yes when +40 is OK?

Thanks a lot!

You will be fine with 195/45/16 tyres, I can confirm that as I had this setup on my first EJ9. You may have to remove the rubber trim on the rear arch though if you haven't already.

Well it had to be very tight. I was considering 205/45 but seems that I would need something like +45 or +50 right?

i have a set of 16x7 wed sport TC005 ET43 for sale shortly if anyone would be interested....

was planning on fitting them to my Vi-Rs daily but cant be arse'd going 5 stud lol

You could fit 205's on with +43 definetly. I currently run 16x7 + 43 with 205/45/16 using oem camber. I did have to raise the ride height approximatley 5mm though as it rubbed.

You could fit 205's on with +43 definetly. I currently run 16x7 + 43 with 205/45/16 using oem camber. I did have to raise the ride height approximatley 5mm though as it rubbed.

Yeh, He's on lowering springs which are pretty soft so any speed around a corner at all and there will be rubbing I reckon, especially with passengers in the rear. On my EJ9, The wheel tucked in fully on the same wheels when on a very uneven gradient (as a test), I doubt there was a matchstick of clearance between wheel/tyre and arch. I reckon 195's will be the limit with a +40 16x7 with un-rolled arches and OEM camber.

My RPF1`s are the same spec as above and im using same tyre profile and no buffing at all ( dropped approx 50mm).

Also run 16x7 +35 WORK EMOTION CR with 195/45/16 tyre with no issues, went for the 195 instead of 205 for more clearance just to be sure as the offset was lower (+35).

In general any offset spec 35-45 et should work fine.

He has an EK4 so 205/45 will work on a 16x7 +40.
I had 205/45 on 16x7 +35 wheels and didn't rub on my EK4.

My RPF1`s are the same spec as above and im using same tyre profile and no buffing at all ( dropped approx 50mm).

Also run 16x7 +35 WORK EMOTION CR with 195/45/16 tyre with no issues, went for the 195 instead of 205 for more clearance just to be sure as the offset was lower (+35).

In general any offset spec 35-45 et should work fine.

I cant mind exctly how much i reduced the ride height compared to oem. Havnt changed it in at least a yeah and a half.

But i can DEFINETLY tell you when i changed from et40 15X7 (195/50) to 16x7 (205/45) without adjusting the ride height it caught, alot. Only on the front outer edge. Was only arch liner to tyre contact but was a new arch liner with all clips present also.

I cant mind exctly how much i reduced the ride height compared to oem. Havnt changed it in at least a yeah and a half.

But i can DEFINETLY tell you when i changed from et40 15X7 (195/50) to 16x7 (205/45) without adjusting the ride height it caught, alot. Only on the front outer edge. Was only arch liner to tyre contact but was a new arch liner with all clips present also.

Was thinking you had buffing at rear, you must be quite low at the front then compared to me.

Yeah i must have been if your lowered 50mm haha

Back