tire air lb

ekinshuya

guys what is the lb of air pressure for a set of 15 inch tires? is it in feet pound? and is it 30? am not sure

"feet pound" is a measure of force, your tires are under pressure and are measured in units that measure pressure which is "pounds per square inch" also referred to as PSI, all 92-00 civics regardless of wheelsize should be at 33psi unless you have VERY low profile tires or if your racing.

so to answer your question, 33psi for street driven cars.

I use 32 at the front, and 30 at the back!

rvm, 32 front 30 rear would cause the car to understeer more. why dont you run more psi in the rear? thats what i do and it really helps to reduce the understeer.

my brother ran 28/28 psi during his last trackday, tires are Bridgestone RE001, had better grip than 30psi.

rvm, 32 front 30 rear would cause the car to understeer more. why dont you run more psi in the rear? thats what i do and it really helps to reduce the understeer.

What tire pressure do you suggest? I will be racing in 2 weeks :nono:

You generally have to figure that out on your own based on your own experimentation/testing.

It's almost as silly as asking what cam timing you ought to run on your adjustable cam gears.

30psi all around is a safe starting point.... depending on your track and air temp... you might even have to start lowering the tire pressure. You need to set the pressure when hot.

I generally aim for 30psi HOT with my track/conditions/driving style/tires/setup.

You generally have to figure that out on your own based on your own experimentation/testing.

It's almost as silly as asking what cam timing you ought to run on your adjustable cam gears.

30psi all around is a safe starting point.... depending on your track and air temp... you might even have to start lowering the tire pressure. You need to set the pressure when hot.

I generally aim for 30psi HOT with my track/conditions/driving style/tires/setup.

hit the nail on the head :nice:, another factor is actual tyre used which is case of testing different psi and see what works best/suits your driving

well my car used to understeer a bit so i dropped the front to around 28psi and kept the rear at 32psi, it helped out a bit.

Hi Just my 2p

I run R888 on the road (205/50/15 front - 195/50/15 rear)

i generally run 32f 30r and find that works fine. If i know I'm going for a good "spirited" drive i'll usually get em up to temp and re-check them. meaning when they cool they drop to around 26front 28 rear (obviously you get less temp in the rears)

I run ex clio cup michelins on the track, Around Donnington for example which is clockwise. i find i have to drop the left front (outside) to around 20psi. after checking the pressure when the tyre was upto about 80deg C it shows around 30psi.

When i first started on the track i had 30psi in all the tyres. after doing a few laps. the front left had climbed to 40psi. hence why i reduced it and the difference was massively noticeable.

Just have a play and find what you like i say :eek:)

cheers

Back