4.7 Final drive fitment

EK9dan

B18C-R EK9
Donator
Hi everyone,

In the process of ordering the 4.7 final drive PRO for the EK9..... I was ringing about and spoke to a guy that rebuilds G/boxes and he said he would carry out the work.......

BUT...........

He claims that i will also need a Pinion(Spelling)? With the different Final drive otherwise it will lock? I think he meant the diff. I havent a clue what hes going on about so i thought i would share.....

Is there anything else required with the Shorter final drive to make it work? As im not sure whats going on here :confused:

Once the guy has the box apart and i provide him with the 4.7 final Drive Pro, is there anything at all else i will need?

I know a few have had this work done, so any info on this would greatly help.

Thanks

PS.... also the fidanza aluminium flywheel will be fitted same time, is there any complications with this too? As i really dont want to get my self stuck with lack of parts :((

Sounds like your looking at getting a aftermarket FD, if so it includes ring gear and countershaft, which is all you need to make it work.

You will also need a new locknut for the countershaft, I will get you the part number for it soon =]

thanks mate,

where do i get these bits from? I didnt realize i needed all these bit included?! :shocked::shocked:

what price are we talking? Not including the final drive? For everything else...

This is gona be alot more money then i thought :((

In ebay, they sell the whole kit, before buying you should ask the seller the part numbers of the kit they sell.

For the total kit, in the USA, you shouold expect to pay around 500 $ in they UK I think the price should be around 400L (sorry I don't have the UK money character)

Thanks for the info guys.

Ive pulled out in purchasing it... It was the MFactory Final drive, not from the Integra... But i didnt ask Baz_CTR the correct question so there was a bit of missunderstanding.

Its all ended up in soo much confusion in bits etc so i will go for the MFactory 3rd,4th and 5th short ratio instead, Providing Its a fairly basic build....

Ive PM'd MFactory himself asking what i need to know to avoid confusion before buying..

As said, thanks for your input guys :nice:

If you want to sample the MF kit in action (+lighter fly) I am not far from you, choosing the correct 5th is a hard choice.

Last edited:
If you want to sample the MF kit in action (+lighter fly) I am not far from you, choosing the correct 5th is a hard choice.

Oh you know that would be super! Would love to feel what they are like. What gear set have you got in yours?

I have my heart set on a good 3rd,4th an 5th, as i think gearing on this particular car is very important and can benifit alot in most aspects.

Yeah with the 5th gear im going to go for the largest one they do which i noticed was 1.000, As i still like a fair top end, that brings it to 130MPH i think with 55 profile tires as i will be keeping 15's...
Idealy i would like to hit around 140MPH but im pretty sure you cant pick and choose and exact spec from MFactory, correct me if im wrong? as if you can i will be sure to make my own :nice:

1.695/1.384/1.130.
Yes if you want to keep the top end 1.000 is for you. I have tried both MF fifth gears. Drop me a pm, will prob be free this Sunday or next, then it would be easier to tell you more in person.
Gears are £600ish.
Fitting MAX 8hrs (pending on what else you have done) £320.
Shims/bearings etc £200 - could be less cant remember. (not all necessary but advisable)
Flywheel £150ish
Clutch £200ish
+ anything that actually needs replacing (synchros/selector fork etc)

Thats great, really appriciate it, This sunday or next, let me know, im not really busy on sundays so im pretty flexible.

I will be keeping clutch as mine is fine, save a bit of money........ As for shims/bearings, do MFactory stock the necessary parts, if not where did you get these and how will i know what to get?

Sorry for all the questions, this is all pretty new to me, never even owned a honda let alone messed around with gearbox internals etc.

This Sunday is fine, shims/bearings etc comes from Honda direct, if you havnt got a tuner to do the work give Tom at TGM in Fleet a ring for some quality advice.

This Sunday is fine, shims/bearings etc comes from Honda direct, if you havnt got a tuner to do the work give Tom at TGM in Fleet a ring for some quality advice.

Sweet :nice: Just let me know a time etc, i'll PM you my phone number incase you dont catch me on here...

Well i have a couple of people that build boxes, I' will get a quote from them and keep Tom in mind......

As for the shims, What do i say? Give them a call and ask for what exactly? Shims and bearing for a gearbox build? And they will know exactly what i need?

Back