Motul or oem gear oil

DOSvtec

vtec addict!!
Donator
i no everyone says to use the oem mtf3 but what is the motul 75w90 like compared it to, does anyone use it?? also how much is the mtf3, thanks

motul is a good gear oil but if your useing your car for everyday use i think mtf would be good enough either way both are good as i use both of them before.

Land rover MTF94

I swear by it

Put it into every vtec I've serviced and makes some difference

About 12 euro per litter bottle in mcGinleys in LK

You need 3litres

dont use thick oil! use oem or gm syncromesh

i used to grind alittle in 3rd gear at high rpm shifts but after i used OEM MTF the grinding is no where to be heard!

Motul is excellent oil for the engine but use MTF oil for the gear.

Just done mine today, Land rover mtf94 £8 a litre :)

Feels so much better

that landy stuff is too thin imo.
i agree, iv had two gearboxes give up and both were using land rover mtf, lost 3rd and 4th gear on first box and bearings started whineing on the second,

i agree, iv had two gearboxes give up and both were using land rover mtf, lost 3rd and 4th gear on first box and bearings started whineing on the second,

Had mtf94 in my ek9 for near 3 years

Changed it regularly

Threw gears into her faster than f1 haha

Never had a grind or whine

the motul 75w90 lsd mtf is designed for plate diffs, i use it in my car with a spoon lsd

oem honda mtf 3 is best for B series boxes

Had mtf94 in my ek9 for near 3 years Changed it regularly
Threw gears into her faster than f1 haha
Never had a grind or whine
Thats why i used it in the first place,because everyone reckoned it great stuff,plus i work in mcginleys so i could get it handy,:) but now i hear people talkn about it being too thin,so i dont know what to believe,im geting new bearings and fd in the 'box now and i dont what to use,im thinking honda mtf to be on the safe side even if its more expensive,

I use the Motul 75w 90 on my standard 98spec box, the gear changes are better now. The previous owner used the landy stuff and I didn't like it at all.

Honda has also changed there suppiler for gear box oil also recently (castrol I believe) and I have had a few Honda manchics coming to me for Motul now because they don't like the Honda MTF in there tegs and EK9's.

Derek

When you google it there are loads of people who rate mtf94. And then you read the stories about the new HONDA stuff thats now thinner for the new style gearboxes

o dear, i dont no what one to get now if the new oem mtf3 is thinner :confused:

The MTF 94 has def changed in the last year or so, its alot thinner now also.

Back