Diff. Bearings (ball type) - NTN Part number

Darragh

Over 9000!
Anyone got some diff bearings knocking around? have to be the ball bearing type not the taper roller style.

I need the NTN part number off the face of it :nice:

i have mine beside me..lol ntn number is... TMB208CZ

I think that is off the ek4 non lsd box?? I need the code off the 98spec Dc2 lsd bearings ! I should have been clearer but thanks for the help , repped you :nice:

I think that is off the ek4 non lsd box?? I need the code off the 98spec Dc2 lsd bearings ! I should have been clearer but thanks for the help , repped you :nice:
that is the same.
i just in the process of bearings change on my s4c with lsd from ek9.
on the diff i have the same NTN TMB208CZ. looking for it now and it's quite costly.
if have any other question ask.

yeah cheers dude.. but like snow man says they are what your looking for..all the s80 boxs that ive opened have been the tapered bearings..roller bearings in the y21 and s4c as far as am aware..i used them in s80..:thanks:

that is the same.
i just in the process of bearings change on my s4c with lsd from ek9.
on the diff i have the same NTN TMB208CZ. looking for it now and it's quite costly.
if have any other question ask.

Does it have the code TMB208CXI on the outer race? or is it different?

Believe (NTN TMB208CZ + TMB208CXI) are the b16 18mm thick bearings so would need to be shimmed an extra 1.5mm to suit.

Buying from a NTN dealer might not work out as cheap as I thought , probably the same as Honda :nerv:

yeah thats the code i have here bud..TMB208CX1.. i fitted these in my s80 box with gripper lsd.. had to use shims which honda can also supply you in various sizes for about £10 quid each..some people say these bearings are stronger and mainly used with after market lsd,s.dont quote me on that tho.. if i can remember right the type r bearings are about £130 each and the ek9/sir/vti are around £110 this was at honda

yeah cheers dude.. but like snow man says they are what your looking for..all the s80 boxs that ive opened have been the tapered bearings..roller bearings in the y21 and s4c as far as am aware..i used them in s80..:thanks:

When you say Tapered and Roller , they are the same thing. Taper roller bearings are found in the 96spec dc2, enclosed ball bearing (19.5mm thick) in the EK9 and 98 spec DC2

yeah thats the code i have here bud..TMB208CX1.. i fitted these in my s80 box with gripper lsd.. had to use shims which honda can also supply you in various sizes for about £10 quid each..some people say these bearings are stronger and mainly used with after market lsd,s.dont quote me on that tho.. if i can remember right the type r bearings are about £130 each and the ek9/sir/vti are around £110 this was at honda

But using those bearings which are 18mm thick , you would have had to make up 3mm in shimming the Diff. ? How many shims did you use ?

Im familiar with the boxes , but now want to buy straight from a NTN dealer so I need the codes off the races... Had a box of old bearings but chucked them out a month ago.. :angry2:

I was last quoted ~€50 a piece for them .

it was last year i did this box but yes we did have to shim alot to prevent the diff catching i think there were 3 shims in total ..sorry about the tapered and roller talk..ment to say ball bearing type.. thats me trying to confuse my self back there.lol.i did not realise the 96/ 98 spec box was different

just noticed another post similar.m fatory can possibly help you out dude..:nice:

it was last year i did this box but yes we did have to shim alot to prevent the diff catching i think there were 3 shims in total ..sorry about the tapered and roller talk..ment to say ball bearing type.. thats me trying to confuse my self back there.lol.i did not realise the 96/ 98 spec box was different

No problem man , my head gets melted talking about it too lol

Thanks for the help :nice:

Edit: Anyone got some 19.5mm thick bearings for show and tell ? hmm?

MF-TRS-DBB16 (18mm) - $49.95/pair + $10 shipping ($30 if express)
MF-TRS-DBB18 (18mm + 1.5mm Shim) - $59.95/pair + $10 shipping ($30 if express)

Our current batch of bearings are NTN Brand.

You won't get the 19.5mm Type-R bearings directly from NTN as Honda have them custom made. If you were to order from NTN, you would need to order in batches of 1000pcs

Ah so you only supply the 18mm with a shim.

Shouldnt that be 2 0.75mm shims though to keep the differential from sitting too low/high in the clutch housing ?

So the 18mm dont differ to the 19mm construction ? just a thicker race ?

The differential uses 2 x 19.5mm Diff Bearings, so you need 2 x 18mm Bearings + 2 x 1.5mm shims.

Back