Need help! Gearbox whining!!!!!

JIMBOB-EK9

Donator
:angry: havin a play wiv a s14 tonight and as i was upshiftin from 2nd to 3rd at redline and planted it into first:mad::angry::nono::angry2::angry2:

now my gearbox is whining in every gear all the way through the rev range!:nono:

anybody any idea's to what damage i have done exactly????

any advice would be a big help!

damm! sorry to hear that... hope the pennzoil synchromesh tranny fluid helps :nerv:

damm! sorry to hear that... hope the pennzoil synchromesh tranny fluid helps :nerv:

Would love to get my hands on some pennzoil synchromesh but we cant get hold of it anywere over hear!

i have tryed everywere and had frineds in the trade trying to track it down but with no joy!:angry:

my gear box made weird noises when I went to the track 1 month ago, the gearbox will make noises when I changed into any gear, I changed gearbox oil.

I used motul 75w 140, and the noises disappear.

Well I used this oil because it was an emergency, and that solved the problem, not noises at all, I think the best thing you can do is to take it to the mechanic and see whats wrong.

You can try to use the oil I used, but do it at your own risk mate :(

75w 140 100 % synthetic motul.

there is one other oil that is supposed to be the same as the pennzoil synchromesh:

GM synchromesh
Pennzoil Synchromesh
Quaker State Synchromesh (Quaker State is part of Pennzoil)
Texaco Synchromesh
AC Delco Synchromesh (part number 89021808).

also a few other good ones are:
Amsoil MTF
BG synchroshift

This would only be a temporary solution. The best thing to do is to get everything checked out and bearings etc replaced seeing as you are thinking of getting your box rebuilt anyway :)

This would only be a temporary solution. The best thing to do is to get everything checked out and bearings etc replaced seeing as you are thinking of getting your box rebuilt anyway :)

this is true, i just refuse to rebuild my box until it explodes lol, i already had to rebuild my motor from my stupid miss shift, im not rebuilding my tranny too :angry: unless you think it may cause a more serious issue down the line? its a b16b tranny that howls in cruising, ive been told its a bad countershaft bearing??

Go to your nearest Land Rover dealers mate and ask for some MTF. It's the same as Honda stuff but cheaper.

As said above try changing the gearbox fluid for a high quality one but really your gonna need to get it out and stripped down by someone good with gearboxes and see what the damage is ,then replace what is needed:nice:

Back