IV & V gears from EG6 to EK9

Sgarboman

Hi people. I'm from Italy, sorry for my bad english.

I would to know if anyone in this forum have ever done this swap and if it would be possible. Here in Italy a lot of people fit IV and V gears from EG6 to DC2 gearbx because they are shorter, but i like the EK9 4.4 FD and I would to try this swap on S4C: 4.785 FD is too short for my needs.

Dont exactly know what you mean but i will point out that the EG6 has the same gear ratio's as the EK9. :nice:

May be italian EG6 have a different gearbox?

These are the ratios for 1992-2000 Civic VTi:

I 3.230
II 2.105
III 1.458
IV 1.107
V 0.875

FD 4.266

Are the same in the EK9? If it is so I'm an idiot :bow:

Last edited:
The gear ratios are the same. But if you are sure that the FD is 4,2 on vti's so if you put IV and V gears in your gearbox (4,4 FD ) it will be a lit bit sorter.

But I believe that both have 4,4 FD (i'm not sure).

The best to do is to put a 4,785 FD from 98 spec itr. Many people have to do that and with the best results.

After some searches i founf that EG6 and EK9 have the same gear ratios, but here in Italy our EG6 have 4.266 FD. I have a 1999 DC2 and you know the bad difference between III and IV gear, but I if would install the IV an V gear from an EG6 i will not have a good top speed. So9 now I'm thinking to buy an EK9 gearbox that shold be half way both EG6 and DC2 acceleration and top speed.

What do you think about?

Yes should be what your looking for. Or a JDM/Uk EG6 gearbox.

Even if you fit the EG6 4th and 5th gear you will only reduce your top speed by about 10mph. Like from 156mph down to 144mph. Its hardly much difference. unless you spend all of your time above 145mph ???!!!?? lol

After some searches i founf that EG6 and EK9 have the same gear ratios, but here in Italy our EG6 have 4.266 FD. I have a 1999 DC2 and you know the bad difference between III and IV gear, but I if would install the IV an V gear from an EG6 i will not have a good top speed. So9 now I'm thinking to buy an EK9 gearbox that shold be half way both EG6 and DC2 acceleration and top speed.

What do you think about?

What box do you have in your DC2? The S80 LSD N3E?

I own a S4C CTR LSD tranny and I'm planning to buy S80 98+ ITR LSD tranny

What box do you have in your DC2? The S80 LSD N3E?

I own a S4C CTR LSD tranny and I'm planning to buy S80 98+ ITR LSD tranny
I have the OEM EUDM gearbox, I think it is S80. Why do you want to change your S4C? Are you not satisfied? I hate the first 3 gear ratios and the jump between IV and V gears. I would like a 70/80 Km/h first gear with the other four like the MFactory gear ratios... Is not the S4C similar to it?

S4C and S80 have the same tyop speed but i think the S4C gear ratios are closer and better for my needs.

I have the OEM EUDM gearbox, I think it is S80. Why do you want to change your S4C? Are you not satisfied? I hate the first 3 gear ratios and the jump between IV and V gears. I would like a 70/80 Km/h first gear with the other four like the MFactory gear ratios... Is not the S4C similar to it?

S4C and S80 have the same tyop speed but i think the S4C gear ratios are closer and better for my needs.

I use to do some race on the drag strip 1/4 mile. And as I heard, changing the final drive which is 4.4 in my S4C gearbox for the 4.7 or 4.9 will affect my top speed to make it drop, but acceleration will increase! And that is what I want! Increasing acceleration. Even I can reach about 220+ Km/H now, I won't reach that speed on a 1/4 mile with me b16b. So the faster i accelerate in this short distance, the better for me.

And I live on a small island of only 60Km from point to point. I wont be driving on hightway's. So swapping my gearbox for a S80 from a 98+ ITR will be a good and cheap option for me, instead of installing the 4.7 final drive.

My gearbox don't have any problem at all, shifting is smooth without any noise or grinding. Always has mantain it changing MTF every 6 months.

I use to do some race on the drag strip 1/4 mile. And as I heard, changing the final drive which is 4.4 in my S4C gearbox for the 4.7 or 4.9 will affect my top speed to make it drop, but acceleration will increase! And that is what I want! Increasing acceleration. Even I can reach about 220+ Km/H now, I won't reach that speed on a 1/4 mile with me b16b. So the faster i accelerate in this short distance, the better for me.

And I live on a small island of only 60Km from point to point. I wont be driving on hightway's. So swapping my gearbox for a S80 from a 98+ ITR will be a good and cheap option for me, instead of installing the 4.7 final drive.

My gearbox don't have any problem at all, shifting is smooth without any noise or grinding. Always has mantain it changing MTF every 6 months.
I do trackdays 3/4 times a year and I have never done drag race (also if I would). The problem is in fast tracks like Monza (the last time I reached 240+ Km/h, with snow and -5° C) and the highway. Speed limits is 130 Km/h and I don't want to do a lot of Kms at 27.000 RPM for not to be overtaken by trucks.

I keep thinking S4C is better than S80 for acceleration because the closer gear ratios, and it would be better for you to change the final drive. The jump between IV and V gear in S80 gearbox is embarrassing.

I do trackdays 3/4 times a year and I have never done drag race (also if I would). The problem is in fast tracks like Monza (the last time I reached 240+ Km/h, with snow and -5° C) and the highway. Speed limits is 130 Km/h and I don't want to do a lot of Kms at 27.000 RPM for not to be overtaken by trucks.

I keep thinking S4C is better than S80 for acceleration because the closer gear ratios, and it would be better for you to change the final drive. The jump between IV and V gear in S80 gearbox is embarrassing.

I have never try the S80, but I am planning to buy 1. The S80 LSD 4E3 that comes from the ITR 98+.
After I buy one, I will be selling my S4C LSD gearbox

I did follow your advice. Using my own S4C MT and I did change the FD to 4.7 from a 98+ DC2 Type R.

This is awesome man. I love it. I did this from mei 2012 and I did forgot about this conv we where having.
But a million thanks for the advice

Back