EK9 LSD p&p in Y21 (EG6)?

Yes-SiR!

Is a EK9 LSD p&p in a Y21 gearbox from a '92 EG6 (eudm, not jdm)?
Will there be probs with the crown wheel, final drive,...?
If so => what parts will I need to install it?
I currently only have the bolts and countershaft included...

:thanks:

Last edited:
you cannot use the EK9 LSD in the Y21 transmission unless you also have the complete final drive from the EK9.

you cannot use the EK9 LSD in the Y21 transmission unless you also have the complete final drive from the EK9.

Damn :-(
Must it be the original FD from EK9 tranny?
Or can I use an aftermarket one (to get some more torque)?
Wich do you guys recommend on an EG6 with a B16A2?
Thx ;-)

Damn :-(
Must it be the original FD from EK9 tranny?
Or can I use an aftermarket one (to get some more torque)?
Wich do you guys recommend on an EG6 with a B16A2?
Thx ;-)

hi mate,

i currently installing a ek9 diff into my y21 gearbox, iv got the final drive from an ek9.
just find someone who is selling the final drive from a ek9 gearbox and then you can use the ek9 differential.

does anyone know where i can get a pic of how the gears in the gearbox go??

thanks

hi mate,

i currently installing a ek9 diff into my y21 gearbox, iv got the final drive from an ek9.
just find someone who is selling the final drive from a ek9 gearbox and then you can use the ek9 differential.

does anyone know where i can get a pic of how the gears in the gearbox go??

thanks

I think finding one for a reasonable price pretty hard.
I've checked the M-factory website: 550$ for an EK9 FD with 4.785 ratio... In my opinion that's pretty expensive for just one crown wheel :shocked:
Where did you get yours? Or is someone selling his?? If so => please contact me :)

In our defense, you're getting a final drive that's been tested to over 1200bhp. Not only that, it's brand new compared to what you're looking for which is used.

Dollar for dollar, you won't find a better "power gain" for B-series Honda if you're willing to go for a 4.785 or in our opinion a 4.9 final for the B16A/B16B.

In our defense, you're getting a final drive that's been tested to over 1200bhp. Not only that, it's brand new compared to what you're looking for which is used.

Dollar for dollar, you won't find a better "power gain" for B-series Honda if you're willing to go for a 4.785 or in our opinion a 4.9 final for the B16A/B16B.

Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with your prices compared to the other well known brands! I was just a bit shocked when I initially saw the price for a final drive.
But now I'm seriously considering buying one :D
When you spread the ratio's out in a chart. The 4.785 is not much different from the 4.928. I'm thinking about purchasing this. But as my EG6 is a daily driven (and sometimes trackdays) car, it's maybe revving a bit to high. As I do 65 miles a day (work)... I don't know...
I noticed members of this forum get 10% discount. Is there even more discount when you purchase mutliple items (syncro's + FD)?
Can you make me fairly good price for the 4.785 or 4.928 FD (that fits the EK9LSD in a Y21 gearbox) in combination with the syncro's (1, 2, 3, 4 and 5). So price incl shipping to Belgium + delivery time if possible...
You can PM me if you want.
Thx in advance :nice:

hi mate just a wee heads up as i just fitted a ek9 diff into my y21. you will have to use a dremal to grind some of the nobbly bits inside the gearbox as if you dont the ek9 diff wond move. i will get some photos for you if you want. You will see them when u take the gearbox apart.

i got the final drive froma member on here for a good price but that was only an ek9 final drive.

hi mate just a wee heads up as i just fitted a ek9 diff into my y21. you will have to use a dremal to grind some of the nobbly bits inside the gearbox as if you dont the ek9 diff wond move. i will get some photos for you if you want. You will see them when u take the gearbox apart.

i got the final drive froma member on here for a good price but that was only an ek9 final drive.

Ok, great! You can send me the pictures if you want. That would be fantastic!
Where did you get your FD from? I'm considering to put a 4.928 into it :)
Are there any more difficulties you have to cope with, while mounting the LSD into the gearbox? I will replace my syncro's too, now I've got to open the gearbox ;-)

Ok, great! You can send me the pictures if you want. That would be fantastic!
Where did you get your FD from? I'm considering to put a 4.928 into it :)
Are there any more difficulties you have to cope with, while mounting the LSD into the gearbox? I will replace my syncro's too, now I've got to open the gearbox ;-)

i will get some pics for you tomorow mate, em nothing excet from take extra care when you r putting the top cover back on the gearbox as if it dont go on and you force it you will crack the box.

i got the fd froma memember on here. just post up you r after one and someone should get back to u, infact i may know someone who ma be selling the fd of an ek9.

i will get some pics for you tomorow mate, em nothing excet from take extra care when you r putting the top cover back on the gearbox as if it dont go on and you force it you will crack the box.

i got the fd froma memember on here. just post up you r after one and someone should get back to u, infact i may know someone who ma be selling the fd of an ek9.

Nice!
Looking forward to the pics mate ;-).
Cheers

Order made, check your mail and Paypal please :naughty:

hi, i have a ek2 body with a eg9 engine, it has a y21 code on the tranny and a b16a code on my engine, and its a jdm , does it have LSD?
this are my babies:
Login | Facebook:thanks:

Back