lsd gearbox help

racer

can anybody tell me will any lsd ie one from a newer integ type r with the 4.7 final drive fit a 97 model ek9. also i want to build a box up with the best final drive ie 4.7 etc with good set of gears can any point me in the right direction i heard of useing gears from the ek9 box and the integ box any help would be great
cheers

yes, I'll fit, but if you plan to upgrade your LSD, you should search for another brand, for example a cusco 1.5 way or something like that, you should change to a ITR lsd if you have a worn out lsd and you just one to have a "oem" one.

If you want the car to accelerate faster, you can upgrade your final drive from 4.40 (ek9 oem) to 4.78 (itr 98 spec oem) or a 4.9 final drive (after market) with the 4.9 final drive, you'll loose a lot of top speed. In my personal opinion 4.78 is the way to go, because you wont loose that much top end speed.

Also you can buy close gear ratios, for example from 3rd 4th and 5th, this with a 4.40 final drive is a grea setup.

Check out this link, you'll find a lot of products for your gear box here, including final drive, and close gear ratio kits :)

http://www.teammfactory.com/

Hi guys I'm from South Africa and we never got the EK9 type r here. I have the civic 4 door well it is called the Honda Ballade Vtec here. It has the B16A Vtec engine and comes with the hydraulic S4C gearbox with no LSD. What I will like to know is, what OEM LSD can be fitted to my gearbox and can I change my ratio to ITR 4.78. If these things are possible can someone please give me some part numbers for OEM parts. your help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys I'm from South Africa and we never got the EK9 type r here. I have the civic 4 door well it is called the Honda Ballade Vtec here. It has the B16A Vtec engine and comes with the hydraulic S4C gearbox with no LSD. What I will like to know is, what OEM LSD can be fitted to my gearbox and can I change my ratio to ITR 4.78. If these things are possible can someone please give me some part numbers for OEM parts. your help will be greatly appreciated.

Your gearbox is the same as the y21 gear box, just a quick question your car is a 99 - 00 civic? thats where I knew the S4C gearbox came.

You can fit the integra type r LSD without any problem, the final drive Hmmm I'm not 100 % sure, but I think It'll not fit, hope someone from the USA can help you with this :blinx:

thanks for that info SPOONCTR well my car is a 97 but all the vtec's here in South Africa come with the S4C gearbox I think have not seen anyone with any other.

Back