land rover MTF94

leeK9

derpity derp
Donator
part number is LSTC9158

you will need 3 bottles

i felt a nice difference when i changed mine which was basically brand new 80w90 i put in to tide me over when i replaced my clutch

i would recommend it to anyone

Last edited:
Amsoil synthetic MTF is very good and also Redline! go to opieoils website

I would imagine so, but I would NOT recommend it.

Best to try and get specific Cusco LSD oil for the best performance and life of the diff.

Josh..

that's incorrect... a lot of times these oils are formulated only for competition use and as a result, the rest of your transmission will suffer...it normally starts with the synchros wearing.

If you drive mainly on the street with a cusco LSD, you can definitely get away with using MTF and a little bit of friction modifier.

Once you start tracking the car, it will be necessary to go to a synthetic MTF like Torco, Amsoil, Redline (not necessarily in that order) as the plate diff inherently produces friction which leads to more heat inside the trans.

I've tried redline and was very unhappy with it VS. regular Honda MTF. And a search show's I'm not the only one.

im running a cusco lsd for daily drive am using silkolene boa 90 lsd gear oil with no problems when i had a box with a standard diff was using hondas mtf no problems

from our friends across the pond, they believe it is the same as MTF.

Its the same thing. Ive used it in my dc2 and my ek9. No problems at all!

I've tried redline and was very unhappy with it VS. regular Honda MTF. And a search show's I'm not the only one.

redline GL-5 gear oil ie. 75w90 r bad for synchros. could this be the prob affecting our gb? what abt redline MT90 since they r GL-4 oil which r suppose to be kind to synchro ?
moreover since GL-5 is mend for hypoid gear, could this be the damaging reason coz ours r helical gears?
am not speaking on behalf for redline. just want to know the actual reason b4 i get it rid of those few bot of MT90 i just bought.

Last edited:
just used this in a friends SiR EK4 when i was servicing it for him and yet again it really surprised me the difference just the gearbox oil alone makes

i would highly recommend that everyone change there gear oil regularly

Ichishima himself states that gearbox oil should be changed along with engine oil on cars that see regular abuse on track or fast road

as if your going to change your oil that gets constantly cooled and filtered then why not your gearbox oil that reaches high temps and isn't filtered

Of all the transmissions that we get in to rebuild that have used Redline, a large number of them were bad due to worn/disintegrated bearings. I have heard of other similar stories, although I'm not the one to spread rumours. Some people like Redline, a some people don't.

For a daily driver and/or grocery getter, stick to Honda MTF as it is cheap. If you regularly do some spirited driving and/or race the car, then you would benefit greatly from changing your fluid to Torco MTF or RTF (race only).

These were designed on a performance Honda, for a performance Honda. It is simply the best transmission fluid Period for the Honda transmission. Even high profile race teams who are sponsored by Royal Purple etc, use Torco behind the scenes.

It is inexpensive, and can be purchased directly in the UK from Nimbus Motorsport (the UK Distributor). Just tell them MFactory sent you :)

I have heard the same thing in a bunch of other posts/forums. What sucks for me is I went to my honda place in town and they don't sell MTF. And no landrover stores here. I also went to a couple race stores and they have HKS, GReddy, Cusco, ect gear oil. One store sold AMSOil but only gear oil since most people in Japan drive RWD cars like silvias and skylines. I will check another Honda dealership that is a bit bigger tomorrow, if not I can order 4 litre can of Honda MTF3 on Yahoo! Auctions Japan for ¥3,500 (£26.17).

Not trying to tread jack but what is the difference with Honda MTF3 and normal black or green label Honda MTF?

Back