Meister R bushes + spring rate question

civicx3

Drop a gear & disappear!
Not heard back from meister r, hopefully their just busy but i need to know can the bushes in the jdm loopeye dampers be replaced or is it a case of once their nakkerd thats it? Ive got a chance to buy a set so really need to know

also how would people rate a 10kg front and a 7kg rear spring rate setup? too hard for normal road use?

thanks

I found the spring rates perfect for fast road/mild track, as soon as I it more confident/experienced on track I felt I needed alittle more stiffness but nothing major.

yeah i love how the Zeta S handle after being in my mates ek but the set i have my eye on apparently have a different spring rate to normal zeta s so just wanted to hear some opinions on if the rates would be fine for road use

Ive had a reply from meister r and you can change the loopeye bushes :)

Last edited:
I had those spring rates on zeta r(same thing just with pillow ball top mounts)

Yes, if the bush on the loop eye is worn, they can be replaced. :)
We have the bush on its own or the entire bracket if needs to be.

It had been manic this few days because of our new 0% interests finance offer for the MeisterR Coilovers and Enkei Wheels.

Best to drop us an E-mail on info@meisterr.com and we will normally get back to you fairly quickly.

Jerrick

thanks for that and the email address!

nice to have a company with good customer service, doesn't seem to happen alot anymore!

Normally on the Zeta-R, it is 10kg/mm front, 8kg/mm rear.
So it is very odd to see a 7kg/mm springs as we don't use that every often.

But it should be fine, it isn't too soft and you can dial out any understeer with the rear damping.
If you have any problem just drop us an E-mail, always happy to help.

Jerrick

So what's the best spring rate for fast road use people?

Personal choice bud, there is no 'best' but suffice to say, the worse your local roads are, the softer you are better off going.

I found the 6.3/5.5 springs on my Spoon setup to be perfect for the shitty local roads I drive on. Any more would have made it more difficult to drive.

What spring rate is on zeta s superlow ek fitment? And which springs do people reccomend changing to?

Personal choice bud, there is no 'best' but suffice to say, the worse your local roads are, the softer you are better off going.

I found the 6.3/5.5 springs on my Spoon setup to be perfect for the shitty local roads I drive on. Any more would have made it more difficult to drive.

good point, the roads round my way are pretty shocking. I bought the car with bilsteins on and one of the spring seats collapsed within a week. Welsh roads are not suspension friendly!

Back