Racing Logic Hyper Street Coilovers Review

Stew

racing_logic_logo.jpg

Racing Logic Hyper Street Coilovers Review

My long serving D2 coilovers were in need of a replacement, I had seen good feedback on Racing Logic products on other sites and witnessed them in action on the Low Brain PS13 I decided to buy a set for myself.

6055718995_4062017680_z.jpg

After a quick email conversation it was suggested that the F10/R6 spring-rates would be most suitable for my needs, although F8/R5 & F12/R6 are also available.

Although I had not heard of this Australian company until recently I hope this review will help lessen their obscurity in the Honda scene as this is by no means a measure of the quality of the goods or service, which is very high.

Initial impression

DSC_2716.jpg

The shocks are packaged within a large sturdy box that kept them safe during their -super quick- transit to me.

DSC_2710.jpg

Included within the package is not only the coilovers, but also pair of C-spanners and stickers, as well as the optional dust-proof knobs for adjusting the damping.

Quality

DSC_2695.jpg

As soon as I held the first coilover I removed they felt solid and sturdy in my had, with a high quality feeling finish. They are the typical monotube design making them look already familiar.

DSC_2690.jpg

I like my car low and with the twin-perch construction utilised within the design this will easily be achieved using Hyper Streets. Twin-perch design means that the entire damper unit sits lower and the spring preload and shock length may remain the same giving the best quality ride whilst allowing for low.

DSC_2698.jpg

Fitting

The fitting took only a little over one hour as all the parts lined up and fitted perfectly first time.

DSC_2685-1.jpg

Comparing the Racing Logics and D2s they appear to be a little longer, I was not running the D2s at their maximum lowness anyway so I don't expect this difference in length to cause any problems achieving my desired -stupid- height that I am accustom to.

DSC_2689-1.jpg

The rears are overall slightly longer, but have the potential for adjustment lower than the D2s.

Adjustment

DSC_2699.jpg

The damping is adjustable in 32 increments. As well as the green alloy caps 4 knobs that secure to the knurled area to adjust on the fly are included too. I used the knobs to adjust the damping, it is very clear to feel the difference in the steps when adjusted and driven. The adjustment also feels very linear and each extra turn feels just a touch progressively firmer/softer.
An area that I wasn't sure of was which way the knob was turned to active which damping characteristic, as the D2s were clockwise to increase firmness, but my Koni Yellows were the opposite...However a quick email sorted that right out and they were indeed the same as the D2s and all other monotube type in that they get firmer with a clockwise turn.

Ride

The only dedicated coilovers I've used are the D2s and in comparison the Racing Logics are so much better. The ride is much less shaky and uncomfortable and the damping is controlled much nicer. I always found the D2s to be quite poorly damped and often jerky, with the RLs there is no such problem, the ride is amazing, I almost forget I'm really low.
I ramped the damping up to 32 thinking the ride would suffer but really it was very good, better than my D2s on their middle setting for sure, but at 17 all round right now its perfect for me.

Support

Racing Logic were nothing but speedy and helpful to any questions I had, I really appreciate good service like that and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade.

Really good write up

Have been wondering what these were like, they look decent for the price anyway

Nice review and pics. Follow it up after a few weeks/couple hundred miles for a longer term review. :)

Good review mate with good photos, i have heard that these are very good coilovers :nice:

Nice review and pics. Follow it up after a few weeks/couple hundred miles for a longer term review. :)

That is exactly what I intend to do this/next week :)

For now a little teaser of how they currently allow my car to sit...
6819957291_efb8687016_z.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

They are very good coilovers, my mate bought a pair and they are comfortable and very good quality!

nice! Good to have nice stuff reasonably priced! I would like to know how is their rebound. Most of them suffer, due to the double wishbones, being snap on the second move of the shock

That is exactly what I intend to do this/next week :)

For now a little teaser of how they currently allow my car to sit...
6819957291_efb8687016_z.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

So low !! you should charge for snow plowing ;)

Bump on this thread.

Mayb someone can help me out.

Firstly how the hell is the front of the car that low,
The front of my car is lowered to the lowest which is **** because of the cup not allowing it to go lower.

were as the rear will allow me go as low as i want.

Question is, is there a differnt cup/holder that i could buy that would allow more travel for the coil.

cause i have lower'd but only by moving the locking collars of the spring which has affected spring rate etc etc which i am not fond of.

Much help appriated.

photo22.jpg

On a dual perch coilovers.
If the damper body have reach the bottom of the "cup", then that is the low as the ride height will go.

The only way to go lower is to actually shorten the damper body like the Zeta-S Superlow coilovers.

I am not sure of "Racing Logic" design, so I can't comment.

Jerrick

It seems these are 'Hyper Complex' which we have never sold, so if they are bottoming out then its as low as they go.

We sell the 'Hyper Street' which go quite a bit lower.
When I looked on Honda Haven i didn't notice that.

Back