Differences

Stiffer Springs , different Spring Rates, and different lower control arms, i will find more information about that just to make sure :)

good thread.

I figured the spring rates would be pretty close to the same. The Si in the USA is the top of the line model. We dont get the Type R. Theres talk of bringing the 07 Type R over here but I doubt they will actually do it. Theyve been saying they were bringing the type r to America since 2000 and at the last minute they always pull out. For that reason I figured they would be pretty close on the suspension. The Si, in comparison to the EX (the next best trim level), has a much bigger sway bar in the front, has a sway bar in the rear, 4 wheel discs, stiffer springs all the way around and sport shocks.

I wonder why in the US dont accept / approve this kind of cars? any idea mate?

They would kill the sales of the Higher priced Acura Interga GSR and the RSX-S and Si. Those are all legends here in the US. If they brought the CTR here all of those would decrese in numbers sold.....

2000redcivicsi said:
They would kill the sales of the Higher priced Acura Interga GSR and the RSX-S and Si. Those are all legends here in the US. If they brought the CTR here all of those would decrese in numbers sold.....

that sucks, i didnt know that.

Honda Motor Company is cool and all but they are still a simple business trying to make money. Its just more econimical to leave the CTR where it is..

2000redcivicsi said:
Honda Motor Company is cool and all but they are still a simple business trying to make money. Its just more econimical to leave the CTR where it is..

Yes, also, thats why the Civic type R didnt came 1.8l engine, they didnt want the civic to replace the integra type r, but the b16b has the same block as the 1.8l integra type r engine, you can buy all the parts from honda and make it 1.8l hehehehe.

The b18c5 was an option for me at one point, TOO PRICEY for what you get though...I could almost get a whole CTR front clip for the amount I'd pay for a b18c5.

2000redcivicsi said:
The b18c5 was an option for me at one point, TOO PRICEY for what you get though...I could almost get a whole CTR front clip for the amount I'd pay for a b18c5.

JDM B18C Spec R is better :) but i think it's very expensive in the US. :eek:

rvm said:
JDM B18C Spec R is better :) but i think it's very expensive in the US. :eek:

b18c5 = spec R

$4000 in the USA. Average, there are some that are more, and some that are less

SpoonCTR said:
I wonder why in the US dont accept / approve this kind of cars? any idea mate?

bumper law is a major reason aswell, ek9 bumpers will not pass us regulations, honda would have to add considerable weight to make it pass us regulations hence reducing the R in the R if you catch my drift... it has NOTHING to do with what 2000redcivicsi said

"They would kill the sales of the Higher priced Acura Interga GSR and the RSX-S and Si. Those are all legends here in the US. If they brought the CTR here all of those would decrese in numbers sold....."

gsr stopped production in 2001, rsx is on its last year of production and will NOT be replaced which only leaves the 06si, the next gen ctr can be brought over as a higher performing car with a sligherly higher price and it would work. but as i said before main reason ek9 didnt come to US is bumper laws.

2000redcivicsi said:
What are the major differences between the USDM Si and the EK9 suspension?

spring rates front and rear, sway bars front and rear. reinforced rear subframe to handle larger rear sway bar, lower subframe brace, front strut bar, front control arms and shock forks... thats basically it.

Zolee good info thanks...it basically improved dampers & springs.

i agree too on what blinx mentioned b4, however iam sure the ctr front strut brace is the same as on the ek4. ctr brings it in red whilst ek4 in black.

Last year, Toyota was the most profitable company or was the company with the highest sales percentage increase on the planet, one of the two im not sure and second was Honda. Not US, not Germans, not French not anyone else. So, you cannot say that Honda or Toyota are pathetic simple supermarkets trying to survive out there and just make the living :blabla:
Take a look in your country to see what car maker has taken the market share today. :nerv: Maybe that's why EK9s were never imported in the United States... and not because of the bumpers or the chassis or what so ever.....

Back