Spherical bearing suspension components

wEaK Squad *atl*

What companies make spherical camber/toe/lca parts? I am in the market to convert a good portion of my suspension to spherical bearings. Password:JDM and MFactory offered all of these pieces but they have since discontinued these parts. And I'm having a hard time finding a hardrace dealer/distributer in the states! Help me guys!

sorry for interupt but where is the benefit using spherical bearings ?

Standard metallistic bushes have a outer metal shell, an inner shell and then the rubber of course which joins them in between. The rubber has to be stiff enough to support the weight of the car and the forces which are exerted on them, but not too stiff otherwise the suspension would bind. When each bolt is tightened it is secured to the inner sleeve, so as the suspension compresses there is a twisting force through the rubber, too stiff rubber and then there will not be sufficient rotation and hence binding

Spherical bearings offer the best in geometry control, simple. The inner and outer sleeves are joined by a bearing surface which allows the inner sleeve to rotate through any degree it wishes, although the tolenances are so tight that there is nigh on zero play in the assembly. The result being extremely sharp handling as their is no restrictions for the suspension travel yet there is zero slop so the driver gets full feedback from the car

The tradeoff of spherical bearings is
-they cost an awful lot up front
-less life span than standard metallistic bushes
-very harsh ride, the rubber in the oem bushes absorbs some of the virbrations etc where a bearing would not

This site is so much better then h-t when it comes to asking for facts/advice! Thanks

Yea I'm probably going to get the spherical function7's but one of the three bushings is still rubber for some reason. I looked at velocity shop but all of the hardrace stuff for sale is the rubber pieces :-(

Hard Race is actually a Taiwan company ;)

For the UK/Ireland, contact Tuning Factory, they are a direct dealer.

Yea I'm probably going to get the spherical function7's but one of the three bushings is still rubber for some reason. I looked at velocity shop but all of the hardrace stuff for sale is the rubber pieces :-(

We retain the center polyurethane (not rubber) bushings on our arm so that the arm is held in place by the rear shocks.

In our extensive testing, we found that if we changed all three bushings out to spherical ones, the arm is able to twist along its length because the motion is not constrained in that axis, and this caused instability during certain conditions. By retaining the center polyurethane bushing, it stops the arm from twisting and causing the situation. The side benefit to this is that the polyurethane bushing absorbs some vibration and reduces noise in the cabin.

Our bushes are designed to be field-rebuildable and is covered by our standard lifetime warranty.

Regards

-A

We retain the center polyurethane (not rubber) bushings on our arm so that the arm is held in place by the rear shocks.

In our extensive testing, we found that if we changed all three bushings out to spherical ones, the arm is able to twist along its length because the motion is not constrained in that axis, and this caused instability during certain conditions. By retaining the center polyurethane bushing, it stops the arm from twisting and causing the situation. The side benefit to this is that the polyurethane bushing absorbs some vibration and reduces noise in the cabin.

Our bushes are designed to be field-rebuildable and is covered by our standard lifetime warranty.

Regards

-A

:nice::nice::nice:

Back