Function LCA's

urban boy

Just wondered if anyone is running Function 7 Lower Control Arms? wanted to know if they thought the supplied bushings were too hard for everyday road use? Or indeed if they can be changed for OEM or Mugen rubber bushes. Just like the enginerring and quality of these arms.

Keef

My mate is running these on his EK4, the Bushes are mental, the car squeeks away but it s proper stiff, good!

I drove a EG6 with a set installed, we have a lot of bumpy roads in my country, they come with polyurethane bushings, but for me the supplied bushings can be used on every day use.

It all depends on what you like, but if you have a stiffer aftermarket suspension, you will feel minimal difference.

You can't use oem bushings or mugen bushings with their LCA, found Function7 post on another forum:

It was our design decision to make our polyurethane bushing equipped arms incompatible with stock/stock-like bushings because of the safety repercussions. You'll notice that stock-sized press-in bushings will simply fall out of our arms.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys, I also am thinking of re-bushing the Honda arms with Mugen bushes? i run Mugen 5 Ways at the moment. Part of me says replace with Honda stuff or Mugen, and forget the bling of the Function 7 LCA's. Ihave the had the car since new (98 EK4 very modified ) and have done 116K, changed a lot of suspension components and bushes, just want to get it right.

Thanks Keef

Thanks for the speedy replies guys, I also am thinking of re-bushing the Honda arms with Mugen bushes? i run Mugen 5 Ways at the moment. Part of me says replace with Honda stuff or Mugen, and forget the bling of the Function 7 LCA's. Ihave the had the car since new (98 EK4 very modified ) and have done 116K, changed a lot of suspension components and bushes, just want to get it right.

Thanks Keef

Do you really think your oem LCA needs replacement? if no Mugen bushings is a good option :nice:

I have Function 7 LCA on my EK4 now, together with ASR and EK9 sways it works a treat, improved from stock setup, if you have a fairly stiff setup then you will feel minimal difference. However you cannot use OEM EK9 Endlinks, I had to purchase the optional adjustable Function 7 spherical ball bearing endlinks to fit the swaybar + lots of grease on the bearings LoL.

Like this: http://www.function-7.com/www2/pics/f7sbln02.jpg

tbh mate the stiffness isnt really noticeable it just feels tighter, like when you get new Rear trailing arm bushes. Im running F7 LCA's and they are fine, plus with the Polybushes they come with you would have to cut them up to fit stock/mugen ones, so you mite aswell just keep stock LCA's the Poly bushes in the F7's are excellent with Metal insterts to help prevent un-needed wear! Id 100% recomend them if you intend to keep the bushes as they come, if your going to put oem / mugen ones in then dont waste your money on the F7 arm lol ,

however with new Droplinks id recomend not getting ballbearing ended ones as i had them and they wear out rather fast, mine popped after about 5-6 months , The bushing ended drolinks are less prone to wear but will obvsiously still wear out in time,

sorry just realised how much im babbling! hope it helps

Thanks, it all helps. Nice to get a few opinions first. I think i am still swaying towards Mugen bushes, keep telling myself whats wrong with keeping my OEM LCA's, but keep looking at how good them 7's look:drool:

The Bushes are nearly as much as the complete F7 arms complete, so will have to be careful here.

Can the Lca's be used with oem drop links?

Thanks Keef

Sorry for being so stupid but i have to ask.

Do i need to upgrade to ASR subframe & F7 LCA on my EK9?

Back