rear window washer

linh-ej9

Honda Civic EJ9 99
Donator
hey guys my rear window washer does not seem to work no water is comming out i will the window washer res nearly full the other day by nothing comes out the front works fine tho.

try stripping it down at the jet end first (i.e. at the rear window) see if any washer fluid comes out of the pipe without the jet attached. if it does then the jets blocked. if it doesnt you probably have a blockage in the pipe somewhere

tryed poking the jet hole with a pin still nothing probly block somewhere =(

if there is a block...unhook both ends of the rear pipe and try to attach a foot or bike pump of some sort to pressurise it out.

thats alot of work involved in that right like removing the spoiler and stuff

Can you hear the pump working when you turn the switch for rear washer? The little pump at the bottom of the water reservoir tank went faulty on my old eg civic before.

Take it off and plug the wiper hole.

Will look more like an EK9 and reduce weight (wiper motor is a few kg).

Take it off and plug the wiper hole.

Will look more like an EK9 and reduce weight (wiper motor is a few kg).

im not really keen on the no wiper just to look like a an ek9 dont see why people do it. its only there it clear the window and a few kgs aint gonna hurt me but thanks for the suggestion

i use rain x by the way but still perfer to have the window washer working :)

my car had this problem, the third brake light didnt work, wiper and washer
open the boot, on the drivers side theres a black rubber cover for the electric cables for all that jazz in the bootlid, all mine had rusted n broken, so jus pull the rubber cover down, pull the cables out of the body and reconnect em back together
job done :D

Can somebody tell where the water pump motor is for the rear window, Ive got the same problem as above, tried stick a foot pump with 10psi up the pipe next the the battery and nothing moves. Still not working. I can hear the motor working, is it at bottom of the water tank or in the bodywork. Nothing is moving in the pipe. Tried stick a long length of wire in the rubber pipe only goes 6" then stops......

Back