best tranny fluid!!

blinx9900

Super Moderator
ok so i heard some rumors that GM syncromesh aka Pennzoil syncromesh trans fluid worked great in the honda box and reduced grinding. after my journey into first gear at 80mph that left my trans whining and grinding i decided to give it a try.

i cant believe how well this stuff works!! reduced 3rd gear grind by 80% and trans shifts smoother than anything i have ever felt!!

at first i was apprehensive to try it but i know a lot of guys that have run it for 5+ years with no problems, i would strongly recomend you give this a try :nice:

thanks for sharing the info, i will give it a try in 1 month, whats the retail price ? :woot:

Tks for info... i'll giv it a try too:thanks:

Attachments

• $synchromesh_bottle.jpg
    $synchromesh_bottle.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 556
I've always used the OEM honda fluid. Do you think the syncromesh is worth it even if my tranny is fine? I was thinking I would switch if the transmission ever started giving me problems.

retail price is about $6 a bottle

thanks for the pic vtecroadhog, thats the right stuff.

Dino-Spumoni, sometimes i wonder if the honda trans fluid is what causes the eventual 3rd gear grind, to try it or not is up to you, i would give it a try just to experience the silky smooth shifting it provides.

Just changed my gearbox oil for redline MTL suitable for LSD 's and it's awesome very very smooth ,honda uk have now discontinued the honda mtf range for castrol stuff :(

Hmm, I just changed to redline MTF and I don't like it. (a third gear grind that wasn't there before is now accentuated) I'm thinking I should have just stuck to the honda fluid. But now this gives me a chance to try the pennzoil syncromesh.:) Maybe even amsoil MTF, who knows.

Hmm, I just changed to redline MTF and I don't like it. (a third gear grind that wasn't there before is now accentuated) I'm thinking I should have just stuck to the honda fluid. But now this gives me a chance to try the pennzoil syncromesh.:) Maybe even amsoil MTF, who knows.

take it out immidiately!! my trans had a third gear grind and a worn counter shaft bearing that squealed, after pennzoil synchromesh all the noise is gone, honda also recently reformulated there MTF to be more like the pennzoil.

I'll try to find this tranny oil for my daily drive, when i change from 4th gear to 3rd gear a hear a noise and its difficult to put it on third gear :(

I'll try to find this tranny oil for my daily drive, when i change from 4th gear to 3rd gear a hear a noise and its difficult to put it on third gear :(

do it on both cars. i seriously consider it a miracle in a bottle, after my 1st gear miss shift that eff'd up my trans this simple bottle of fluid made it like new, i cant stress this enough, i know there is still damage to my trans as there is know way fluid can REPAIR it, but it certainly does help. and rvm im still waiting for those seats and headlights :clap: ;)

do it on both cars. i seriously consider it a miracle in a bottle, after my 1st gear miss shift that eff'd up my trans this simple bottle of fluid made it like new, i cant stress this enough, i know there is still damage to my trans as there is know way fluid can REPAIR it, but it certainly does help. and rvm im still waiting for those seats and headlights :clap: ;)

hey Blinx... ship me some of that silky fluid!!!!

cant find it nowhere...:mad:

hey Blinx... ship me some of that silky fluid!!!!

cant find it nowhere...:mad:

only becauuse i love you :) i fly back home on 8/22 give me a few days to settle it and i'll send you some :nice: in the US they sell it at autozone, i dont know if you have those in your country, but if not i'll send you some no problem :nice:

when I changed my gearbox to redline MTL it feels really smooth and hasnt crunched in any gear up or down good stuff I say

only becauuse i love you :) i fly back home on 8/22 give me a few days to settle it and i'll send you some :nice: in the US they sell it at autozone, i dont know if you have those in your country, but if not i'll send you some no problem :nice:

:lock: TOP MAN!!! :nice:

:lock: TOP MAN!!! :nice:

haha sorry i forgot, im back home now, but i just realized something, you can also purchase it from any GM dealership, its part number is: 12345349 or 12345577. it should say GM synchromesh on the bottle. one is friction modified the other is not, i use the non-modified one, it might cost a little more from the dealership but it should still be cheaper than me shipping it to you :nice:

the reason GM sells it is becuase it was originally designed by pennzoil for GM, thats why they both sell it.

I have to get some...:nerv: apparently it's not available in Australia. :angry:

I have to get some...:nerv: apparently it's not available in Australia. :angry:

send me some mazda rx-2 parts and ill send you some synchromesh hahah j/k you guys have any GM dealerships out there, i think its under the name holden isent it?

Back