Spoon 70mm throttle body

vtecroadhog

Power of Dreams
Donator
Hi, i hve one of these for my ek4 for ages... yet to fit it cos iam concerned it will make my car slower!!! As i hve no engine internal mods, i guess this is the case..?
I only hve a full exh (header 4-1, de-cat, b-pipe & back box) air intake fitted.

Would replacing the stock B16A fuel rail help when fitting 70mm throttle body??? :thanks:

Attachments

• $Photo-0237.jpg
    $Photo-0237.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 665
  • $Photo-0238.jpg
    $Photo-0238.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 811
vtecroadhog said:
Hi, i hve one of these for my ek4 for ages... yet to fit it cos iam concerned it will make my car slower!!! As i hve no engine internal mods, i guess this is the case..?

Would replacing the stock B16A fuel rail help when fitting 70mm throttle body??? :thanks:

no and no. the spoon 70mm is actually a 62mm with a taper bore to 70mm put it on, youll be fine.

i think 70mm is too much for a b16, i have a friend of mine with one, but he has a b20 engine, blinx9900 dont you think this 70 mm is too large for this motor? :)

rvm said:
blinx9900 dont you think this 70 mm is too large for this motor? :)

if it was a real 70mm, then yes i would say it is way too big, by real 70mm i mean 70mm inlet 70mm butterfly and 70mm outlet. BUT the spoon piece is not actually a 70mm. it is a stock itr 62mm throttle body that has the inlet taper bored to 70. meaning the inlet is 70mm but slowly gets smaller to 62mm at the butterfly, what this does is help increase air velocity it in no way has the air flow potential of a real 70mm. put it on. if you dont want it send it to me :)

just incase i was not clear taper bore means that it starts out bigger and slowly gets smaller.

basically its a 62mm throttle body. :nice:

EDIT: the TB i am referring to being taper bored is the old spoon one part number 16400-DCR-020. i was just told by opak racing that the new 70mm is a REAL 70mm and has part number 16400-DCR-000

with that said if you have the real 70mm with part number 16400-DCR-000 then yes it is too big.

blinx9900 said:
if it was a real 70mm, then yes i would say it is way too big, by real 70mm i mean 70mm inlet 70mm butterfly and 70mm outlet. BUT the spoon piece is not actually a 70mm. it is a stock itr 62mm throttle body that has the inlet taper bored to 70. meaning the inlet is 70mm but slowly gets smaller to 62mm at the butterfly, what this does is help increase air velocity it in no way has the air flow potential of a real 70mm. put it on. if you dont want it send it to me

just incase i was not clear taper bore means that it starts out bigger and slowly gets smaller.

basically its a 62mm throttle body.

EDIT: the TB i am referring to being taper bored is the old spoon one part number 16400-DCR-020. i was just told by opak racing that the new 70mm is a REAL 70mm and has part number 16400-DCR-000

with that said if you have the real 70mm with part number 16400-DCR-000 then yes it is too big.

thanks for the info, the b16b has a 62 mm throttle body right? :thanks:

blinx9900 said:

Thanks for quik responce::)

Item was originally mounted on Integra typeR... TB Code no 16400-DCR-000
therefore with the info u hve produced me with i should keep my stock TB.:(

However would replacing the stock fuel rail be a smart move for installing 70mm TB??? :confused:

vtecroadhog said:
However would replacing the stock fuel rail be a smart move for installing 70mm TB??? :confused:

no, the stock fuel rail has been used in turbo applications over 400whp! we sell A LOT of 68mm throttle bodies to people with near stock motors, just i/h/e sometimes cams and tunning. 70mm should be used for full builds imo, raised compression, stroked, ported head, big cams etc...

well tks for clearing my doubts abt TB. Avoid losing speed!!! :nice:

would ek-4 stock fuel rail be the same as on ek-9..?

iam concerned on the amount of fuel being used by B16A2 engine as most friends of mine hve all done the fuel rail upgrade to their ek's.:shocked:

vtecroadhog said:
iam concerned on the amount of fuel being used by B16A2 engine as most friends of mine hve all done the fuel rail upgrade to their ek's.:shocked:

unless there turbocharged with 400+whp its just for looks. my shop has built plenty of 400+whp honda's rarely was the fuel rail upgraded.

blinx9900 said:
no, the stock fuel rail has been used in turbo applications over 400whp! we sell A LOT of 68mm throttle bodies to people with near stock motors, just i/h/e sometimes cams and tunning. 70mm should be used for full builds imo, raised compression, stroked, ported head, big cams etc...

68 mm thats a lot, do you know if they dyno their cars with the 68 mm throttle body? any good gains? for how much a 68 mm retails $ ?? :thanks:

rvm said:
68 mm thats a lot, do you know if they dyno their cars with the 68 mm throttle body? any good gains? for how much a 68 mm retails $ ?? :thanks:

here is a link of a 62mm vs a 68mm on a high compression 1.8. b16b stock is 60mm as you would guess you loose a little hp at the bottom but gain more at the top. i would have expected A LOT more hp gain from the 68mm if the engine had cams. basically everyone here (in the US) runs the 68mm and loves them.

http://www.importreview.com/reviews/TB62vs68.html

as far as cost, there are many different kinds from $200-500+ depending on size and application, the one i was referring to was the AEBS tb which we sell the most of due to its great quality and price usually below 200 in the US. i can probably get them to your door for $200 us (due to shipping), they come in polish and satin finsh. i can take pics with my crappy cell phone if you want to see them :nice:

we can also get the same unit it 62 and 64 but i have never sold any of those because everybody wants the 68. :nice:

Back