New battery setup..S2000

EK9turbo

its a rush!
So my car came over and apparently the dry-cell was 'fu-barred' :nono: so the ESVA co put a 'Banner Starting Bull' battery onto her. :angry:

The problem with it is it doesnt have the CCA output of the factory battery, and worse, on my car the electrical system has to power a handful of extra components including the MSD, blaster coil, water-pump etc.

So i opted for the S2000 battery, which you can get for £147 from Honda.

The fit is perfect with the factory tray, the only querks are the terminals are on the back of the battery instead of the front so you have to flaten the tab that stops the earth cable spinning on the chassis and flip it over.

You have to de-restrict' your battery tray though... theres a plastic peg that unclips from underneath. Remove this, then buy the tray-line from the S2000 for £12 and your in business!

The terminal posts on this battery are of the larger size wheras the factory terminals are the small type. So what you do is get two pair of pliers and grip as tight as you can over the crimped section of the terminal (without going gung-ho and crushing it) and 'peel' them apart (ill post a pic of this after next week). I used gold styled audio connectors for looks and versatility. Very neat and high-quality, but you can use any brand.

The bigger battery setup isnt for everyone, this is just because of the accessories I run. 3yr warranty on the battery so if it goes wrong i get a hassle free replacement. :nice: Cant beat it.

so now the car is sat there until next weekend, theres just a handful of things to be done to complete.:)

The factory EK9 clamp works fine on it!

will the DC2 battery not fit? we got one from hendy honda for £47 dor my bro`s DC2 poper honda battery too!!

will the DC2 battery not fit? we got one from hendy honda for £47 dor my bro`s DC2 poper honda battery too!!

I Dont know if it'll fit or not. Id assume so as most of the Hondas have essentially the same battery tray as the others from that era.

Have you got a picture of the DC2 battery? and any luck with that quote your sales guy was going to let me know about after I gave him my mods? :D

I Dont know if it'll fit or not. Id assume so as most of the Hondas have essentially the same battery tray as the others from that era.

Have you got a picture of the DC2 battery? and any luck with that quote your sales guy was going to let me know about after I gave him my mods? :D

wrong olly for insurance quotes mate,, i will get a pic of teh dc2 battery at the weekend!! :nice::nice:

EDIT: woops didnt see this was your thread... question deleted...

Because on the chart the parts guy had on his system, it was the highest output/CCA of all the factory batteries. its a really funny name of a brand but is listed on the system as 'Honda-Fukuboata' brand (somthing like this, Ill put the exact name down when I read it next) :lol:

How much does that puppy weigh and what are the CCA's on that battery?

Next time I got to the dealership Ill ask-him to print me a copy of the chart off. I believe it was from an older parts system he had on there still. ill weight the battery next weekend, heavy but good quality. Eventually I may switch to a dry-cell of the same overlal size. what are you running in your Dino?

I'm using the small Odyssey PC545-MJT, 12.8 lbs and 545 CCA's, but not much reserve capacity. Most people opt for slightly larger PC680-MJT, but I traded a little reserve capacity for more weight savings. If you go for an odyssey dry cell the PC680-MJT would suit your application the best.

cheers for this info! I heard theyre a great quality but have no experience with the brand; what kind of prices are we talking?? Will the larger one be the same size as my S2k battery?

Odyssey Batteries | Battery Specifications
I got mine for $120 USD, you'll have to check prices on the site. The PC680 will be much smaller than your S2000 battery, check out this picture of my stock battery vs. odyssey. The S2k battery and the PC680 will be a little closer in size however.
newpictures831.jpg

The picture doesnt work for me at the moment (could bt te connection Im using) but thanks for the link, How long have you had yours?

Back