ABS light suddenly appeared?

ijwhiteman

Super Moderator
Donator
Today my car was fine drove it to my mates to underseal behind the bumpers, raise the coilovers, and strip some interior out to remove the bolted in head unit... THAT WAS IT.

Next time i turn the key my ABS light stays on constant :angry:

My friend martin has the same problem on his teg whats the deal with these hondas and ABS lights?

Anyone experienced the same issues?

Also can i take any parts off my EK4 to fit to my EK9 if there is a problem?

did you end up playing with the coilovers. proberly damaged the abs sensor down there. think they will be the same if they are thee same obd correct me if im wrong

If you played with the coilovers, check the ABS sensors and wiring.
I had the same problem, changed the front shock absorbers and had the ABS light on. After checking, one of the wires got cut off( I dont know how!??)

short the same service connector for the check engine light and count the amount of time the ABS light blinks and look up the error code.

Mine did that as i pulled out of work. Turned it off at the traffic lights then back on and it hasnt come on again since..

maybe you got underseal near the sensors!

quick clean if so :)........been driving hondas for quite a while and have had
to replace only one sensor on a crx vt which i got from scrappy!

luck of the draw as some people have probs with them

think they are approx £120 each from honda :secret:

If you need to reset the abs light, try this:

If your ABS light is on and you need to clear wheel sensor codes, follow these steps:
1. Put a paperclip in the SCS connector (like you do to read the code)
2. Hold brake pedal
3. Turn key to position II
4. When ABS light goes out, release pedal
5. When ABS light comes back on press brake pedal again
6. When ABS light goes out, release pedal once more
After a couple of seconds the light should blink twice, at that point turn key OFF and wait 10 seconds. Your codes are reset.

Thanks mate thats superb if it come back on then there is a recurring fault isn't there?

One question have you got a pic of what and where the SCS is?

Digging up an old thread, but is the SCS connector the same as the connector used to reset the SRS light?

Back