my ek9

b16 mini

Ek9 obsession
Donator
Car(s)
1997 Ek9,1996 ek4 siR, 1972 b18c4 mini
had nothing much to do last thing this afternoon so thought i'd give the car a quick clean.

up intill two weeks ago it had been sat in my garage un used....... since two weeks before xmas:((
finally doing something with it again and decided to take a few pics and put up its current spec:

breathing:

seeker 4-2-1 header,

fujitsubo power getter system,

de cat,

modified oem airbox,fabricated steel direct air flow pipe,

transmission:

s80 98 spec ITR box,

4.785 f/d,

1.107 4th & 0.848 5th(ek9 ratios)

Cusco plated LSD

ACT Pro light flywheel

new oem clutch,

other stuff:

mintex discs & 1144 pads,
bridgestone RE01R tyres all round, excellent tyre:nice:
air con removed,
pink socks,
magnetic drain plugs,
ngk leads,

next on the shopping list is some new bushes (rta&arb etc),coilovers, camber arms, and maybe a change of wheels.

011-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-5.jpg

010-2.jpg

ek9bmini007.jpg

comments welcome.

Last edited:
thanks for the comments,

Good choice on the box, looking good m8 :nice:

thanks! your car inspired me to do something with the transmission,

its so much better, still getting used to the diff tho.

The diff is a great mod, even after the trackdays last year I know I am still not using it to the max, your brain tells you the car will not hold through the corner yet, as you push harder the diff just grips and pulls you in.
So many people chase power when a change of transmission transforms the car, lots of ratios/FD to choose from also.
How is it looking for the EK or Mini to make Coombe this year? :secret:

Very nice m8.. the rocker cover looks brand new! u wouldnt have a vid of the exhaust sound by any chance? was always curious wot they sounded like on an ek9...

nice...did that airbox modification make a difference to it?

The diff is a great mod, even after the trackdays last year I know I am still not using it to the max, your brain tells you the car will not hold through the corner yet, as you push harder the diff just grips and pulls you in.
So many people chase power when a change of transmission transforms the car, lots of ratios/FD to choose from also.
How is it looking for the EK or Mini to make Coombe this year? :secret:

starting to get used to it now and my new clutch and brakes are well bed in,

i know exactly what you mean, as i come out some corner's i all most feel dissapointed with my self, knowing that it could of done it so much faster,

even with the stock suspension, and the old perished bushes its still so good!!

the 4.7 fd and act flywheel have helped, its far more exciting to drive now.

even mpg seems better some how.

all being well i'l see you at coombe again:nice:, really want to get on track......its been a while!

Very nice m8.. the rocker cover looks brand new! u wouldnt have a vid of the exhaust sound by any chance? was always curious wot they sounded like on an ek9...
thanks, i'l try to get a vid,
tbh it sounds a bit like a spoon n1, but at a lower volume.

nice...did that airbox modification make a difference to it?

it had a Js kit on it b4, but the modded oem box is better, it contains a k&n panel filter btw.:nice:

Back