Brake/Clutch Fluid? is there any difference between brands?

VTI_EG_DAN

hey all, I was just wondering if there was any difference between the brands of this ? or will normal moto factors dot 4 brake fluid be fine?

also how much do I need for clutch and brakes?

Cheers

depends on what you intend to use your car for.

I use Ford DOT3 HD stuff because I got a really good deal on it years ago. Cars that spend most of their time on the road can use just about anything for brakes. Fresh fluid is good fluid.

FWIW, I use the Tech 2000 stuff from Walmart and it does the job just fine. Competition use I stick to Ford HD and in some cases have gone to Motul because I know the dealer.

omg ragingangel, i thought your screen name was raCingangel :lol:

ok cheers guys, yeh its only for road use! so think ill stick to just the normal stuff :)

how much will I need for clutch and brakes?

omg ragingangel, i thought your screen name was raCingangel :lol:

no harm done.... :p I've been called worse in the past... :D

As for how much fluid is required, I've gotten away with two 500ml bottles in the past when I still used the "pump till you build pressure in the pedal then get buddy to release the fluid" method.

What I use now is a vacuum system and drain the respective reservoirs first (don't forget to clean them! Honda recommends plastic safe brake clean or use water only) and then fill with fresh fluid. I've cut my brake flushing down to 1 500ml bottle.

Back