I think i did something wrong...

m0nch1zzl3

1998 EJ6 Owner
Donator
Whats up fellas, maybe someone here can help me out. I installed some shocks and springs(tokico over tein if it helps) the other and and the rear shocks stick out of the top mounts. Im pretty much lost as to what has caused that to happen...:angry2:

Attachments

• $DSC01383.jpg
    $DSC01383.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 231
  • $DSC01384.jpg
    $DSC01384.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 196
you have assembled the top mount incorrectly by the look of it,i think one of the washer spacer type parts you have above the mount should be under the mount and the other washer/spacer bush should be above, so it clamps the top mount inbetween
hope that makes sense and helps.

It makes sense, but thats how i put them on. Its two rubber bushings, one goes under the mount and the other on top then the washer and the locking nut. Another thing the old shocks didnt have any bump stops so im not sure if it is needed.

a washer that the lower rubber bush sits on may be missing then, or is the wrong size?

a washer that the lower rubber bush sits on may be missing then, or is the wrong size?

That could be, i dont remember there being a washer for the lower rubber bushing. What about the bump stop? Can that also be it?

there would need to be a washer i think, cant remember what the bump stops look like:((

Back